Mark Burnett

Goes on Mission with Joel Osteen

11/29/2011 8:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1129_mark_burnette_joel_osteen_ex_1
"Survivor" producer Mark Burnett is teaming up with Joel Osteen for a primetime network show in 2012, TMZ has learned.

Burnett tells TMZ, the premise of the show is that ordinary people will give up several days or longer to go on a mission with Joel Osteen, one of the most popular pastors in the world.

All of the missions will be in the confines of US soil to "start fixing things."

According to sources, Burnett and his wife Roma Downey have become close friends with Joel and his wife Victoria -- and the two couples have even spent considerable time at each other's homes.

1129_mark_victoria_roma_mark_tweet
As for the new show, a deal has not been signed with any network -- but Burnett has the power to make it happen.

Franko

Won't be long before we read how Osteen cashed in on the millions taken from the poor believing saps. Seeing and reading about this chap has me seeing similarities with the Pastor on True Blood.

BarrysConspiracyWorld

A sad merger of two underbellies of society.

rico

I CAN'T BELIEVE HE WOULD TEAM UP WITH PHONEY TV PREACHER OF HATE WHO IS ONLY IN IT FOR MONEY,FROM THE IDIOTS WHO BELIVE HIS B.S.

.:Loki4Ever:.

I've gone to Lakewood Church and met Joel and his wife. He speaks an amazing sermon. Just because YOU don't believe in God or preachers, doesn't mean Joel is a 'crock'.

Areader

Joel Osteen is a good man, a Godly man, the world needs more people like Joel Osteen!

Throwback kid

Osteen couldn't sell me an ice cream cone! I get a bad vibe from him, he looks very sneaky. I can't believe people send this guy their hard earned money so he can live like a rock star.

jujubee

So because he makes good money doing something he's great at and has a tv show & books to expose his work that means he's greedy? so are musicians and writers and doctors all greedy bc they make money doing what they can do? get realllllll people

drjimmy

I think Mrs. Osteen is a very very naughty naughty girl underneath!

Vodkananda

Olsteen is a bigot and a homophobe. All he cares about is his social status and keeping his wife from having temoer tantrums when she can't have what she wants. This is not the teachings of Jesus, this is the pastor that sucks up to the 1% according to his sermons.

Double R

Back in the mid 90's when I was in college and before Joel took over the church from his father I used to wait on him and his wife as well as his father and mother after they were done with the church service at a Houston restaurant they would eat at every Sunday. HORRIBLE TIPPER!!!! And his wife was just plain RUDE!!!! Hopefully they have become a little more generous with their money.

All Natural

I like what Joel preaches, but he only preaches in half truths. He never teaches about the wrath of God and what it really means to be a Christian...to pick up your cross daily. Most of the mega church pastors are "feel good" preachers only.

JoeFrancis

I would rather BURN my money than give it to this phony. That big smile courtesy of all the money you idiots donate.

yomama

grown ups with imaginary friends are morons.

Flying Blind

who would watch this crook, as soon as i see his face on say pierce morgans cnn show i change the channel quick.

sweetdee88

by "popular" you mean rich right? its a total rip off and so sad people fall for his BS

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments