Not Matt McConaughey:

Slams Not Mike Rowe --

'Stop Complaining'

11/29/2011 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Matthew McConaughy driver license
A guy named Matthew McConaughy (but not THE Matthew McConaughey) thinks the guy named Mike Rowe (not THE Mike Rowe) has it all wrong when it comes to having the same name as a famous person ... saying sometimes it can be all right, all right, all right!

As TMZ first reported, a South Dakota inmate named Mike Rowe is suing the "Dirty Jobs" host ... claiming he (the inmate) has a trademark on the name and he's been subject to ridicule while behind bars.

The story ENRAGED Matthew McConaughy -- who happens to be a mechanic at a car dealership in West Covina, CA ... because Matty tells us his name has been great for his social life!

Not McConaughey says he scored a phone number once from a waitress who saw his name on a credit card ... and his friends constantly get girls to come talk to them using the line "Want to meet Matthew McConaughey?"

Not McConaughey -- who is single, does not play the bongos naked, but does run around shirtless every now and again -- says Not Mike Rowe needs to stop complaining and should try to use his name to his advantage.

"You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N."

tgrfan42069

this is disgusting calling the guy NOT matthew just because he isnt the celeb one.truth be known this matt is prob cooler to hang out with cause he prob takes baths

Jackie

LOL....Just stupid like TMZ allowing crap advertisements in comment section.

Quinn

I'm naming my baby Harvey Levin.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Incarcerated Mike Rowe IS using it to his advantage, he got on TMZ, didn't he? He also got the other Matt on TMZ.

cindy

Why don't they put that show back on? You know the one where the stars and regular people with the same name switch lives. They did one with Reggie Bush. He had to go live on a farm while the regular Reggie Bush got to live it up.

Richard Simmons

My name is Richard Simmons as a child of the 80's imagine what I had to deal with. Even to this day at least these guys have it easy.

small asian penis

There *was* nothing wrong with it... until I was about twelve years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.

Shannon Doherty

My name is Shannon Doherty, I find it funny when people on the phone get all tripped up and whatnot! It is also a great ice breaker, like Mr Simmons said!

Best of all the job I had now, I got the interview over similarly qualified applicants cause he thought my name was funny. I'll take it even if I did get teased in elementary school!

pandacheese

Pretty sure there are worse things to be called in prison than Dirty Jobs.