Soap Star Sues Chiropractor

She Won't Crack My Back

'Cause I'm a Scientology Reject

12/4/2011 9:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Fairman
"Young and the Restless" star Michael Fairman has filed a lawsuit against a Scientologist chiropractor -- claiming she refused to see him and his family after he was excommunicated from the Church.

Fairman claims he was a prominent member of the Church, but became disenchanted with the way the Church was running things. Fairman claims Church leaders got fed up with him earlier this year, branded him and his wife "suppressive persons" and blacklisted the family from all things Scientology.

After Fairman was ousted, the actor claims he received a letter from the family chiropractor -- an active Scientologist -- informing him she would no longer treat the Fairman family. Fairman also claims she refused to hand over a copy of the family's medical records.

In the lawsuit, Fairman claims he MUST have been discriminated against because he's no longer with the Church -- noting that he's been a good, paying customer since 2003.

Carl

I'm not sure there is anything illegal about someone with a private practice from refusing to see a client. The only legal issue I can see is if she really won't release his records. In California doctors (and I assume chiropractors) are legally required to release patient records to the patient on request.

Horndog

Is that Buzz Aldrin?

AlwaysOnTimeB

Is he sure he still wants her to crack his back? If the woman is refusing service, don't force the issue (or sue), just go to someone who is happy to take your money....er, I mean provide the service to you.

Cheryl A.

Geez dude, aren't there something like a bazillion chiropractors in L.A.?

6one9

LOVE `` Murphy!!! ```(his person on YR)
Hope he wins!!!

some guy

I wouldn't want some crazy cult member cracking my back anyway.

Buckaroobonzai

says a lot about Scientology. Kind of proves that it's more a "cult" than a religion. no catholic chiropractor would turn me away cause I'm a Jew.

oldgeez

"she refused to hand over a copy of the family's medical records."

Do chiropractors actually generate "medical" records? "Records" maybe but I'm not sure they qualify to be called "medical".

Maybe it's just me.

gigi

There are a lot of other chiropractors he can go to besides her.

HH

I wouldn't want some nut case scientologist touching me...... so I say count your blessing. It is wrong for her to deny him his medical records though.

Googie

Since he had been a good paying customer then for no other reason than his religion, and the fact she's refusing to release his records, he may have a case. But like others say, do you really want a fanatic cult member messing with your back?

lanie

This is such typical Scientologist behavior. Refusing to release his family's records is absurd. He should take this up with the medical board. But this par for the course - with the bullying "church". They're a bunch of bullies and harassers.

TMZ should have posted the name of the chiropractor, so people can avoid her at all cost. This type of alleged behavior--refusing to give him his family's medical records-- is extremely unprofessional and bogus.

If you use the services of ANY Scientologist doctor/business -- please know that your money is going to that cult which bullies and harasses people.

magmax

Maybe he should call Alan Harper.

Rafaelle Zuccaro

He should just go get the job done from Tom Cruise - He would be the No. 1 GAY GUY to go to for this service-- He is chief of the group of DIP ****S in that FAKE, Ponzi Scheme!!

lanie

DID YOU READ IT? THE DOCTOR IS ALLEGEDLY WITHHOLDING HIS RECORDS FROM HIM. I doubt the reason he's suing is due to her not wanting to crack his back anymore.. it's about the fact that she ALLEGEDLY refusing to give him his records!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments