David Cross

TRASHES Chipmunks Movie --

Slams 'Jewish' Producer

1/10/2012 8:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0110_david_cross_still
David Cross claims his new movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked" is a piece of theatrical GARBAGE ... and blames the disaster on a Jewish producer who personifies negative stereotypes about Jews.

Cross went on "Conan" last night ... and said filming the movie was "the most miserable experience I've ever had in my professional life" -- claiming the producer forced him at "legal point" to spend a week on a cruise ship, filming scenes in a massive full-body pelican costume (below).

011012_filming_chipmunks_tmzCross then attacked an unnamed female "Chipmunks" producer ... saying she was "the personification of what people think about when they think negatively about Jews."

In the end, Cross -- who also starred in the first two "Chipmunks" films -- urged viewers NOT to see the movie ... saying the whole thing is nothing more than a "big commercial for Carnival Cruise Lines."

Paul

That's just his style of comedy.

pattycake

What a jerk. I'm sure he didn't mind cashing the check that came with working on that movie.
Pretty sure you won't have to worry about another "miserable experience" with them again.

rsmik

David Cross would really hate New City then..

NobodySpecial

Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie !

ts

I have a 3 year old so of course I've had to see the movies.They're for kids. What does he want, an Oscar to be handed to him? No one forced him to sign the contract to "star" in the movie & I'm sure he had no problem spending the money he made for it. To be honest, I never even knew who he was until the Chipmunks movies came out (not that I even care to know who he is). He seems very ungrateful & I wouldn't be surprised if not many people in Hollywood want to work with him anymore.

Ryan

Way to bite that hand that feeds you David. Nobody is saying the Chipmunks is a piece of cinema art, but you signed the dotted line, took the gig and collected the paycheck, so you turning around after the cash has probably long been spent and talking down on it and bashing it in public speaks a lot about your character...Don't be surprised if the calls dry up. Hollywood is a small town.

Amrtayim

Omg he trashed a Jew go ahead and hang the sob,doesn't he know you guys could f him up for life,trashing a Jew ,what was he thinking, make sure his kids suffer as well

TMP

Hrmmm... did any of you actually SEE the clip in question? As for those saying he's trashtalking jews... he's a jew.. so.. I am not a fan of his, but I also know how LOTS of things that get reported on the internet are taken out of context VERY easily and VERY often. On the same note.. he read the script.. he knew what he was in for when he agreed to be in this movie. His own fault.

Frito

A Jewish comedian making fun of Jewish people. Doesn't this happen every day?

Lo From Wisco

What an ungrateful little dude. I'd sit in a pelican suit on a cruise ship for a week for a big fat paycheck.

TheTara

Ha, you know the real reason he doesn't want people to go see Chipwrecked? Because it's an accurate portrayal of his HORRENDOUS acting skills. He's just terrible!

Jackie

You guys are so stupid. First, shows like Conan are rehearsed before a studio audience before they are actually taped in front of another live audience. They do this to see which jokes work and which do not work. Secondly, that is David Cross's style of humor. Look at Conan, you can see him going along and smiling as David is saying everything. Plus, look at David's acting past, he is always dressed up in mr show, including a full fat old lady costume and blue body paint in arrested development. Lastly, David Cross is Jewish.

sPaNkdEnALgAs

Perfect reason to NOT go view "The Chipmunks". I'm sooooo tired of hearing those damnn annoying voices. Woohoo on my part....bad for my kids...

lola_uk

Is "Jew" a bad word or an insult?

fj

but he took the pay check right ? ....... sue him for lost revenues

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments