Bruno Mars

It's Like That Whole Coke Thing

Never Happened

1/17/2012 12:06 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bruno Mars Hair
Bruno Mars will have a spotless criminal record tomorrow ... because sources tell us the judge in his cocaine possession case will officially dismiss the charge.

You'll recall Mars was arrested in Las Vegas in September, 2010 at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino after a bathroom attendant told security a man was doing coke in one of the stalls.

Mars pled guilty, but he was not convicted.  The judge deferred the matter and gave Bruno a year to complete 200 hours of community service and attend drug education classes.

We've learned Mars has exceeded the number of required community service hours -- he's logged more than 230 hours, working for children's charities as well as some health-related charities.  And he has completed his classes.

So tomorrow ... the judge will officially dismiss the cocaine charge.  Bruno's lawyer, Blair Berk, will appear on his behalf, and just like magic the charge will go away.

Mickey D

Who's Bruno Mars?

Bill5martin

Anyone else would now be a convicted felon. Nevada was the last state to make weed a misdemeanor. So I can only imagine their laws on coke. He was stupid for doing it in the bathroom. He should have to face the consequences like everyone else.

JW

I don't think Bruno received special treatment as a celebrity. I am an SAP and deal with courts daily in diversion programs and I have dealt with the court in question and several things go into making the decision on a diversion program...no prior history, admission of guilt, do they have a job, can they do community service that will make a difference, will they complete the education program required, how likely are the to re-offend. Bruno was an excellent candidate for the diversion program and with most cases if all requirements are met within the specified time frame...the guilty admission will not be prosecuted or convicted and the record is erased. It happens all the time so no special attention was given in this case.

Like so many I love Bruno's music, he is a very talented musician, writer, producer, and I think he just got caught up in this crap...I think it was early on and thank GOD it was sooner than later...my experience is cocaine, heroin and meth lead straight to the gutter - you lose your talents and everything that means anything to you...thank goodness this may have been something that turns out to be a life lesson learned...as I hope to enjoy Bruno's music for years to come.

RS

Considering it's a first time offense, and he did what he was ordered to, I think it's fair myself. Had he not completed the mandated sentence I'd have been upset. Just hopes this serves as a lesson, and that he doesn't repeat the offense or do worse.

BC

Wow. I always thought you went to prison for that.

Marcylu

Its too bad that Bruno got hooked on cocaine, but he seems to have quit. Most people would be better off if they just took a little marijuana to smooth out the edges. Nobody dies, and cannabis helps reduce pain, calms you down, and ups your mood.
I have back pain and medical marijuana does help. Instead of medicating with opiates, booze, or other harmful drugs, medical marijuana taken in edibles really works for me and many others.
Great e-book on medical marijuana: MARIJUANA - Guide to Buying, Growing, Harvesting, and Making Medical Marijuana Oil and Delicious Candies to Treat Pain and Ailments by Mary Bendis, Second Edition. This book has great recipes for easy marijuana oil, delicious Cannabis Chocolates, and tasty Dragon Teeth Mints. goo.gl/iYjPn goo.gl/Jfs61

rasha

hey give the guy a break he stayed out of trouble for a year and completed his 200 hours of community service it was his first time and he had a clear record he made a mistake and he knows it but I've always felt that he was set up I mean being caught in a bathroom so what someone was watching him

2012BLV

Getting caught for Bruno is truly a blessing in disguise. It was nipped in the bud right away in the earliest stage. I wi***** were the case for the other entertainers and celebrities who have all died because of drugs, so many to mention.

Sherms

UN
BELIEVABLE

Ashley

he attended his classes and completed more than the required amount of community service so all you haters shut the **** up and get over it he made 1 mistake and never did it again at least he's not in and out of Jail constantly like all these stupid rappers...get your facts straight and stop calling him a coke head you ****en haters piss me off sometimes.

Haz

His brother is a cop, that is on the road with him while he tours etc...so yeah a cop...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2