'American Idol'

Tent Girl Amy Brumfield --

The Boozy Criminal Past

1/19/2012 9:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Amy Brumfield mug shots
"American Idol" wannabe Amy Brumfield ... the 24-year-old singer who lives in a tent ... has a LONG criminal record ... revealing a serious battle with alcohol.

According to police records obtained by TMZ, Brumfield has been arrested at least 6 times in the past 7 years ... with 3 arrests involving booze.

Brumfield -- who blew the "Idol" judges away with her rendition of Superwoman by Alicia Keys -- was arrested in Tennessee on August 22, 2010 after cops say she was so drunk, she peed on herself in the lobby of a Baskin Robbins.

Just 9 days before  that -- on August 13 -- she was arrested in front of the Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen ... after cops say she was displayed "extreme intoxication" ... and was "trying to find someone to take her home."

Brumfield was arrested twice in 2007 -- once for unlawful detainer (staying at a property after her lease had ended). The other arrest was for underage consumption of alcohol -- for which she pled guilty and was sentenced to probation.

Brumfield was also arrested in 2005 for criminal trespass on private property -- the details around that incident are unclear.

But this story could have a happy ending, judging by her audition on "Idol" last night, Brumfield appears motivated to start a whole new life for herself.

011912_tent2

TMP

Seems like you had nothing else to report on TMZ. This girl is hardly famous, but slamming her because of her past is a way to get some viewers? Didn't take long to throw someones mistakes in their face... you could have at least waited until the top 24.

jeff

She looks like someone you couldn't trust. A very crooked person.

Edward

So she has trouble with alcohol. Haven't we all? At least she doesn't get drunk and beat up people. Or get drunk and go driving down the highway. Hopefully this appearance will open up opportunities for the girl. She's got talent. Good luck Amy. I hope you pull it together.

AAA

White Trash!!!

jetfanglo

does that mean that she is off the show?.....because you exposed it and not her......it seems that other people were kicked off before for 1 arrest.......i only started watching the show since tyler came on.....he for SOME reason makes me smile......

Jef

Ok 'Unlawful Detainer' - I can understand that. If she were about to go homeless and really had no place to go I can understand her hanging out after her lease expired.

as for the alcohol arrests - I wonder how many of the rest of us would be drinking a lot if we were living in a tent in the woods because it was the best home we could expect.

Times are tough - give her a break!

Mary

Please stop being so mean people...she has a beautiful voice. I do agree though that fame and too much money could bring back the demons. How many rich and famous are truly happy? She said she is happy living outside. If she makes it big she needs to stay close to the Lord because all the money and fame will make her happy for a little while but those demons will always be knocking on the door waiting for you to fall. Blessings and best of Luck to her.

moxie

...but for the Grace of God go I...

karlew

Harvey and all the TMZ staffers prove once again they are nothing but a collective runny and smelly POS. Kid is trying to put it together and obviously has talent but all they can do is run down the stories and publicly humiliate her. But hey if it ever comes out she's gay Harv will never print a bad word about her again. There is a nice deep hot pit in hell reserved for hypocrites like Harv and his lackeys

No comment

Another woman they showed as getting a ticket to Hollywood, but did not show her sing is a total METH-HEAD. Her face show all the meth telltale signs.

Observer999

I wish someone would dig up all the dirt on TMZ staff and post it somewhere....

Edward

Life is hard. I live in my house, which I bought from working for many years. Yet, sometimes it feels like a house of cards. One wrong move is all it takes for it all to fall apart. Maybe one night I have a little too much wine, or I say the wrong thing to my boss, or I make a mistake on a project, or I pull out in traffic and hit someone, or?... Just one mistake and it could all fall apart and I could be living in a tent in the woods. Let's give her a chance.

Ace

It seems to me that sweets are her downfall.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

so they put through drunks and 15 year old hot and humid girls according to pervo steve tyler who obviously useing this show to check out young girls.err underage girls

waffles

Since when does Baskin Robbins have a lobby? It has a behind the counter area and an in front of the counter area.