« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ray Lewis

I Don't Trust My Baby Mama

with My Money!

1/25/2012 11:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0125_ray_lewis_getty_EX
NFL superstar Ray Lewis admits he fathered an 11-year-old boy in Florida ... and he's totally willing to provide support -- with one caveat ... he doesn't want the baby mama to get her hands on the money.

According to court documents filed in Florida, Lewis has an ongoing paternity case over his son with a woman named Sharnika Kelly. In court papers, Lewis acknowledges being the father, but the issue of support is slightly more contentious ...

According to the docs, Lewis is hesitant to fork over money to Kelly because he says she has an outstanding judgment against her in a civil case ... totaling over $1,000,000.

In the docs, Lewis says he has "grave concerns about the Mother's character" and feels she'll siphon off money meant for his son ... either to pay off her debt or support her other child ... not Ray's.

Lewis is asking the court to establish a guardianship for his son to manage any support Lewis eventually pays.

Lewis and Kelly had a hearing scheduled for last month, but Lewis had to reschedule because he had a game in San Diego. The judge has yet to rule on his request.

0418_mommy_Footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Birth. Con. Trol.

El-Boogie

At least he is being respectful to handle it the best way he knows how. HE accepts his responsibility and now asking that someone over see the disbursement of his support funds..Seems only fair..and I am a single mom. I ain't even mad.

Ravenite

Jesus, how many kids does this guy have?? All by different women, presumably. This is what's wrong with this country.

Mumra the Ever Living

I guess you can only kill so many ex-lovers before people begin to catch on. HOnestly, where ever this brute goes, people get killed. If I was one of his sperm depositories, I would make sure I had plenty of locks on the doors and a wall to my back.

Tina30228

Somebody is taking notes from the Bob/Sheree Whitfield case (#RHOA). I'm actually proud to see that this man is looking out for the welfare of his child. SN: He may not have known he had a child until recently. Send them golddiggers a message "Having a child by a millionaire doesn't make you one". Your kid is not a lottery ticket.

Mumra the Ever Living

He bitches about a million dollars? He hasn't paid a dime in 11 plus years, then there's interest, various penalty's, and of course attorney fees - It all adds up. I guess Ray knows about the attorney fees though. Just think how much he's paid over the years to get those murder and assault charges go away. Hey Ray, what's the going rate to get someone to cop to Manslaughter charges for you?

Jason

why doesn't he try to get custody and then he won't have to pay her anything

J.Renoir

This is what happens when you give garbage money.

Kmr1

Ray I would just like to say I would leave my husband for you. I would. I really, really would. Bye.

Christine

Well Ray than why did you screw her?

UPYOURS

Sounds smart to me.

TMP

While I totally agree with him and I think that a lot of women out there who get pregnant by celebs do it for the money, I will say one thing "THINK SMARTER ABOUT WHO YOU PUT YOUR SPERM INTO. SERIOUSLY, SCREW WHO YOU WANT, BUT FOR GOODNESS SAKE PUT A FRIGGIN CONDOM ON!!"

peoplearesilly

Idiot. All of these athlete idiots that get women pregnant deserve what they get. They should think without their ****s before they use it. Get a clue and quit producing babies. There are ways around that in case you haven't heard. The world is overcrowded anyway and we sure don't need kids being brought up in situations like this. It's hard enough.

superbadnerves1

He sounds like a dam* fool please you have not gave this woman one red cent and you are concerned about her character step up ray dont be a deadbeat the rest of your days maybe she has a suit because while you were ballin out of control she was spending all her duckets on her children and fell behind I cant stand when its time to pay up this no good men try and put the women on blast ooh I wish someone would whoop his as*

Jay W.

Get custody of "YOUR" kid Ray ... ???

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments