« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Golfer Phil Mickelson

I Have No Bastard Son!

2/1/2012 3:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Phil Mickelson
Golf pro Phil Mickelson says he has NOT been sinking his putts where it doesn’t belong … and now he’s sicking his lawyers on the people who’ve plastered the Internet with accusations he fathered an illegitimate child.

Mickelson was pissed when he learned some jerkwad or jerkwads using the screen names “Fogroller” and “Longitude” had been posting scurrilous claims about him and his wife on a message board … which implied the Mickelsons are BOTH screwing around on each other Tiger Woods-style.

Phil claims he was able to track the I.P. address to an Internet service provider in Quebec. And now, he wants a Canadian judge to force the ISP to hand over any information which could identify the mystery poster – so Phil can tee up a defamation suit against the offender.

In the docs, the San Diego golf champ claims the allegations are vicious and absolutely untrue -- and worries the claims could damage his “impeccable reputation.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

gutsygirl

Annoying avatar alert above!!

parlayer

Ah Phil don't we all???

static

Seems to protest a little too vigorously.

Reigna

Yes he does!!!!! Just ask Jim Kahn at Golf Digest Magazine. He will tell you about the article that Sports Illustrated NEVER released because Phil and his team of lawyers and IMG threatened SI with a MAJOR lawsuit. SI wrote an article about Phil's illegitimate son and his major gambling problem. At one time, he owed his bookies a total of 10MM. Once the article was squashed, IMG stepped in and paid his gambling debt and gave hush money his son's baby mamma. A year later Phil started winning tournaments and the rest is history.

O-C Guy

I heard that the kid is 6 years old, is a lefty, and has a 2 handicap.

Look!

Sorry Mickeson; after Tiger, I'll believe anything.

Jay W.

Phil is a sensitive man. lol

James R. - Los Angeles

Time for you to go on MAURY. . .

Mike

The TMZ Staff should be (but won't be, I'm sure) ashamed of themselves. I'm guessing (Mickelson) "sicced" his lawyers on those people. If you need an online editor, I'm available.

Denver

When Tiger's indiscretions became public, I had no problem believing he was a total slime ball, and he is. Mickelson has been a favorite player because he was apparently happily married and was above reproach. If this is all true, it is a real "Say it Ain't So Joe" moment.

pnknsgrama

siccing, not 'sicking'.

Chrama

I am sorry to hear about this. I have met Mickelson numerous times and was fond of him as a person. As Chris Rock said "lt's hard for a man to turn down sex. We can stop chasing it... lf it chase us, we can't run that fast." Same thing with Tiger Woods. Being quasi-attractive, young, famous and FILTHY RICH, I am sure they get offers frequently. It would take a strong man to stay faithful. I don't have that problem because I am overweight, ugly, and broke.

Googie

It's vicious what they are doing to tarnish Phil's reputation and he has the right to go after anyone putting out false information. Why go after Phil since there are people like Tiger & Kobe they can go after.

KicksandGiggles

I think it is disgusting to label children with such names as illegitmate & bastard. Children do not ask to be born. How about calling their irresponsible parents Azz Pimple 1 and Azz Pimple 2 for being stupid about birth control?!

Hisjules