Gerard Butler

Out of Rehab,

Back on the Party Scene

2/27/2012 4:50 AM PST BY Johnny Lopez

0227_gerard_butler_Getty
Just two days after leaving rehab at the Betty Ford Center, a refreshed and healthier looking Gerard Butler hit up the Vanity Fair Oscar Party in L.A. on Sunday.

Butler spent three weeks in treatment after realizing he was relying too heavily on prescription medication.

TMZ broke the story ... Butler began using pain meds to deal with the pain caused by the intense physical training regimen to get in shape for "300" ... and the problem became exacerbated after he injured himself in a surfing accident while filming "Of Men and Mavericks" back in December.

0227_VF-footer

SURFCOWBOY

bump!

AMANDA

I think its Great he Noticed that a Problem could Occur and he was Adult Enough to Stop It..........I LOVE Gerard's Movies, I cant wait for More films from him

Rob

Good luck to you ,I had the same problem . I broke my back years ago and the pills were the only thing that I could take to make it through the day , it's not a problem. You just need to get the it fixed so you can get off the pills. Just bc someone takes pills every day don't mean they have a problem. If someone has a heart problem and needs meds to feel better do they have a problem with pills or do they just need them? Why are they looked at diff.?

wrx7182

OC baby!!!

Rockstar Alumni

Gerard Butler is so hot....I'm glad he took control of his life before things got out of hand. It would of been sad to see his train wreck.

RaffyBStatenIsland

He needs to realize that rehab is not a career move, it's a way to recover, maybe even save, your life.

Cujeaux

Wow, he actually combed his hair for the occasion. Next time try a shampoo and shave, sport.

Sarafina

He looks so handsome and healthy--kudos to you, Gerard!

O_o

i hope he's back on track. he's a phenomenal actor.

Amber

He looks well rested, glad he was smart enough to realize the problem and address it so quickly! :)

OMG

Looking good sexy!!

Silverado Mom

I wonder if after he went if he left because he didn't like their rules.

Lala

Gerard Butler has been sober for 13 years already. His problem wasn't unlike other crazy celebrities. He got injury badly in Dec.

derwood

I'm sick and tired of these overpriced and overpampered celebutards using rehab as a merry go round. Three weeks? Jack****e gets solved in in that amount of time. How convenient he springs out at Oscars. Guaranteed, he'll be back on the meds as soon as all the attention dies down.

Cognizant _illiberal

gerard is a douche bag he thinks he is big and tough i am bigger and cutter than him and i dont talk crap , yeah i am 235 4% body fat, gerard says "i am considered a big tough guy in the states but in scotland all the guys are like that" bs ive been to scotland so many skinny gingers

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments