Philadelphia Cream Cheese

No WHEY We're Advertising

on 'GCB'

3/7/2012 10:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0307_phili_gcb_logos_ex
Kraft Philadelphia is seriously cheesed off over the direction of ABC's new dramedy "GCB" -- telling TMZ, the cream cheese company has decided to yank ALL of its advertisements from the controversial show.

A rep for the company tells us, "Philadelphia has decided to pull its advertising from GCB ... We have received a few complaints from consumers and their opinions about our advertising are important to us."

The rep adds, "We have recently decided to redirect our advertising to other programs."

"GCB" -- based on the book "Good Christian Bitches" -- has come under fire for its arguably derogatory portrayal of Southern Christian women.

As we first reported, NY Councilman Peter Vallone has already called for his constituents to boycott the show

Slomoshun

Religious people...what a bunch of downers.

Squeaky Shoes

fine, boycott it... but also boycott all the other idiotic "reality" tv shows, like the disgrace they call "sister wives"! that 'family" should have been arrested... not paraded on tv like some prize-winner. also, "17-18-19 (whatever) kids and counting" - the moronic parents who won't let their children WATCH tv because of it's impact, but have no problem what-so-ever parading their brood on national television! and pull american idol too for good measure

INTERNET T0UGH GUY

I've always found philly cream cheese very objectifying of men...we are not pieces of meat ladies.

Paul Allen

This smells like Rick Santorum all over it. Great show...

jc3009

I live in the south, my granddaddy was a Baptish preacher, and I'm tellin' ya, this is how it is. It is so spot on it is funny. Love the show.

charlei harper

Let there be a show making fun of homos and lesbos and see how far it goes...double standards...you can make fun of the Christians but never...ever...make fun of the homos or lesbos...idiots.

boopitydoop

I guess some "good christian bitches" got busy on their phones.

Edward

I might have to stop buying "cream cheese" now.

I don't like it when companies try to cram their beliefs down my throat. Anytime I see one of these packages I am now going to think about their so-called values.

I know they were trying to protect their name but they've just lost a customer.

Chilli Con Kearney

Looking the promo's for this I thought that GCB had "cancelled after 5 episodes" written all over it. Actually seeing the show changed my mind. I'm going for "cancelled after 4 episodes".

Mary P.

Oh My Goodness! This is just a television show. Kristen Chenoweth is one of the MOST Christian celebs, and is the nastiest of them all on the show! Lighten up, it's called laughing at yourselves. Try it sometime.

RaineeDrops

I bet it does not last long, the ratings were poor. It will end up being a canceled show.

Bruno

Desperate Housewives with loads of bigotry. That's the South to you!

Aimee

If the show weren't so true, they wouldn't be so upset. Bless their hearts.

RaffyBStatenIsland

This show points out the hypocrisy of evangelicals, who are about as far from being true Christians as the pedophile priests and the bishops who cover their crimes up.

RuKiddingMe

Christians are hypocrites. All of them! They sit there and judge and hate others. What a bunch of weak minded people to allow a cult to heavily influence them.