Jermaine Jones

Will Be Kicked Off

'American Idol'

3/14/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jermaine Jones will be kicked off American Idol
Jermaine Jones will be kicked off "American Idol" Wednesday night, after producers learned he concealed the fact that he was arrested twice last year and has outstanding warrants ... TMZ has learned.

As we first reported, producers discovered Tuesday that Jermaine had lied about his criminal history and that triggered the decision to confront him on camera Tuesday afternoon.

We're told one of the incidents involved violence, which was particularly troublesome to producers.  He also lied to cops by giving them fake names both times he was arrested.

"A.I." sources tell us ... Jermaine will appear on the show tomorrow night before he is sent packing.

Over the last few days, we've been reporting that Jermaine told producers his father abandoned him 10 years ago, but his dad called TMZ and called B.S. on his son, saying they see each other regularly.

Jermaine began tweeting that he never told producers about his dad abandoning him.  We're told the producers -- who knew Jermaine had made the statement -- became generally suspicious and began looking more closely at his background, and that's what led to the revelation of his criminal history.

lady t

i think thats kind of messed up. no he should not have lied but american idol is someone that you would want your kids to looking up to. everyone has a past and someone past doesnt make a person it helps you to understand and hopefully learn

Sammie

I did not see what people especially liked about him anyway.I love Barry White and Arthur Prysock; Jermain is not even remotely in their league, actually or potentially. I found him somewhat unlikeable. I also found the Momma's boy stuff to be too much. In fact, it became a bit yucky. I would have been happy if someone else had been saved. I actually anticipated he would not last long if the judges and Jimmy L. would quit acting like he was indispensable to the show. Wish they would realize they influence people who do not think for themselves. Tacky, at the least, for them to lack that awareness.

Melanie

LOL Whoops. So much for that "gentle Giant" title.

kakaba

Honestly, I'm just more ashamed at the fact that because of him, someone didn't make it into the top 13. He was graciously invited back to the show, made it into the top 13, but because he's just a pathological liar he's getting booted. It bothers me, it was a waste of America's time, and their votes. Someone more deserving should have made it, but because the judges felt like being nice, they invited him back only to send him home.
Dear god

AmandaC

First off, why lie to cops and lie period the end? Why would you humiliate yourself over the internet and TV? Jermaine.. bud, I think you should have never auditioned for American Idol and you should have been smarter and used your head to realize that eventually, your past will catch up with you. Plus why on Earth would you lie and say that your father has abandoned you when you were litter, that's not something you go around joking about and faking.

Thomas Robson

Great. now bring back someone with real talent..Reed Grimm

Barney

What a total ass*&^%!!!! Good for you AI, but you better do better background checks from now on!!!

dee

It's been obvious that this guy has anger management issues. He always was openly verbally agressive when he didn't agree with the judges and he had fire in his eyes. Coupled with his size, he seemed very frightening. He's a bully.

ILOVEEBEN

how the heck does a criminal go through and the love of my life EBEN FRANCKEWITZ not go through. THATs BS! this show is completely stupid....like seriously.......wtf were they thinking."Lets send freaking criminal tubas through to the next round but make sure not to let through amazing talented EBEN FRANKEWITZ!!" lol, what a joke. I always knew there was something shady aout that guy...
@FranckewitzAI11

Dee

Stupid!

Damon

Wake up yall martha stewart is a ex con and working at a major broadcast company this some bull**** white people always wanna enforce the law when they wanna want to this brother did nothing wrong we need to wake the **** up and start supporting each other he will become somthing look at Jennifer Hudson she won a oscar American Idol aint been **** since she clowned them why do people still watch that **** I dont know.

Dee

Stupid!!!

Maggie jungmann

Bring back Reed Grimm! We need some excitement on AL!

Summerdiva1

This jerk cried and acted like a big baby, should never have been called back and took the chance of a lifetime from a really talented person. Let him crawl back under a rock and take his lying mama with him. She condoned his lies.

Mattboy

Any idiot could see early on that the guy was a fraud. The mama-boy Jesus-loves-me and I'm-gonna-be-so-misjudged-if-you-reject-me **** made me want to puke from the start. American Idol had to see the same manipulative bull**** I saw, but the show wanted to milk it. And now it's milking the "OMG-I'M-SHOCKED routine. Bull**** all around.