« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Peyton Manning

Reportedly Picks Broncos

... Tebow to Be Traded

3/19/2012 9:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0319_peyton_tebow_bn
It's curtains for Tim Tebow in Denver ... 'cause Peyton Manning has reportedly selected the Broncos as his next team.

According to ESPN, Manning is just about ready to close the deal to become the next quarterback of the Broncos ... and Tebow will be traded away as soon as the deal is done.

So, where will Tebow go next? The Jacksonville Jaguars could be a good bet ... considering the owner has been a very outspoken supporter of Tebowmania.

Story developing ...

update_bar
9:00 AM PT: According to reports, Peyton has agreed to a 5-year $96 million contract with the Broncos.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sassy

You can tell people who know nothing about sports are making like 95% of the comments across the web today. Yes, Tebow is a swell guy, but business is business. He was ranked LAST in the quarterback ratings last season. Peyton is a guaranteed Hall of Famer with some years left under his belt. Tim will do good elsewhere and this comes as no shock to Tim. It's not like the talks with Peyton were in secret. And Tebow will not warm the Bronco bench, so it's best he goes to a different team.

Don't mix his role model image with his quarterback rating. Peyton is also a great role models, too.

Florida would be a good pick for Tim, and of course the owner likes Tebow because Tebow went to college in Florida and maybe the Jaguars can FINALLY fill those empty seats.

Trey Noran

Tebow Out? Manning Reported to Broncos....Just image, if only we got that excited about " God " as we do football teams and the billions of dollars we put into the game we could feed, shelter and do so much for God's glory. http://Hislovestreet2012.com/

DaMan

I've been a fan since 76. Tebow sucks as a Quarterback.

Cwells

It must be terrible to be so jealous of a kid. Manning is greedy or he would have retired. Elway is jealous and an idiot. The first time it snows and Manning hits the ground he's done. At least Tebow never lost a game by 45 points and a superbowl to boot. Remember Joe Montana John? Jan. 28th 1990? Just thought I,d Remind all the Denver fans.

olivia

As a fellow Jacksonville native we love Tebow since high school the South loves him and we have been celebrating because we know Shad Khan is going to do everything in his ability to snag Tebow b/c the Mustache loves us!!!

shaq

if he helping them win then why trade them?

Justin

John Elway must not remember when he was not such a "hot ticket" back in the day. Gov. Hickenlooper called it as it should be, Tebow is still a valuable asset to the Broncos going forward...

LARRY CRABBE

Keep Teblow ... see tebow got bronos to playoffs is sad to not be loyal to tebow and trade him :(( sad day when he gets traded:(

loungecat

Denver is short-sighted to get rid of Tebow, old man Manning won’t last the year

loungecat

Elway was HORRIBLE his first year, anyone remember the time got behind a linesman for snap instead of the center lol... he needs to wake up before they throw away a great young QB and waste $100 million on a surgically-repaired old man.

HerbertPenner

Tebow stick with it, you are a good riteous underdog like myself. My name is Herbert Penner and I am a working Actor. I performed at the 45th Street Theater in Manhattan, NY; last week. I got a standing ovation after my performance in a small theater and nobody gets standing ovations in a small theater, well now its people hardly ever get standing ovations in a small theater since I got a big one. After my performance the audience got up out of their seats and applauded for extended periods of time and were rooring; do you know what that's like? A star was born that night. I am going to see if I can give Leonardo Di Caprio a little friendly competition. I am dieting and training to have a mastered physique. Me taking on Di Caprio is going to be like Rocky Balboa taking on Apollo in the Rocky movie, when Rocky was an underdog and a nobody, except this in real life. Taking on Di Caprio may seem impossible but I have an advanced new acting technique that I pioneered in my back pocket. Any comments my email is herb.31@hotmail.com Check out my bio on my profile.

Mr Denver

Why does Peyton Manning hate Christians. He is the devil. We don't want him in Denver. Go away.

Deron Williams

Look I know I'm Deron Williams a NBA player but I think they should keep Tebow because Peyton Will leave and stop playing maybe he can teach tebow not to scramble!

Throwback kid

I'm sure Tebow will say God has a plan for him Blah blah blah! but it may not be in the NFL, not when you complete less than 50% of your passes. Peyton is in town now Tim and he just Tebowed you! now pack your bags

tonya

elway best remember... God don't like ugly!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments