Denver Broncos Top QBs Set to Return Wednesday ... After Negative COVID Tests

Breaking News

Kendall Hinton's run as starting QB for the Denver Broncos is over ... probably.

The team's top 3 QBs -- including starter Drew Lock -- have been cleared to return Wednesday after testing negative for COVID on Tuesday, according to ESPN.

Remember, Lock -- along with backups Brett Rypien, Blake Bortles -- were all placed on the team's COVID list over the weekend after being deemed "close contacts" with QB Jeff Driskel, who had tested positive for the virus on Thursday.

The QBs reportedly did not wear masks around Driskel during an informal film session on their day off -- which led to all FOUR players being blocked from playing on Sunday against the Saints.

The team was so desperate for a QB, they turned to Hinton -- a practice squad WR who hasn't played a snap at QB since his college days at Wake Forest.

He tried his best ... but the Broncos got smashed in a 31 to 3 blowout.

Broncos head coach Vic Fangio said the team is still mulling a possible punishment for his top 3 QB, including a fine.

Broncos president and CEO Joe Ellis -- who also tested positive for COVID this season -- issued a statement Tuesday saying, "We share in the disappointment of our fans for the challenging and unique situation our team faced at the last minute this weekend."

"While it's easy to point fingers, all of us must take responsibility and work together to prevent it from happening again.''

He added, "We will learn from this and be ready for the challenge of facing the Chiefs in front of a national audience on Sunday Night Football."

John Elway Recovered from COVID Returning to Broncos Facility

Breaking News

Great news for John Elway ... the Denver Broncos legend has recovered from his bout with COVID and is set to return to the team facility on Friday.

60-year-old Elway tested positive for coronavirus on Nov. 3rd after experiencing what the team described as "minor symptoms."

He's been working from home and self-isolating ever since, the team says.

But now, things have taken a turn for the better, according to KUSA's Mike Klis.

"GM John Elway has recovered nicely from COVID and is cleared to return to his office tomorrow," Klis said.

He also noted Broncos CEO Joe Ellis -- who also tested positive for COVID last week -- "is still battling symptoms and is not yet cleared to return.

For what it's worth, the team believes both Elway and 61-year-old Ellis contracted the virus OUTSIDE the team facility.

The Broncos have a game this weekend against the Las Vegas Raiders, a team that's also had some recent COVID drama.

Mask up, everyone.

John Elway Tests Positive for COVID ... Broncos CEO Joe Ellis Too

Breaking News

Denver Broncos president John Elway has tested positive for COVID-19, the team confirms ... the latest in a string of positive tests within the organization.

"John immediately left UCHealth Training Center [Broncos practice facility] on Monday morning after experiencing minor symptoms that he quickly brought to the attention of our medical staff," the team said in a statement.

The 60-year-old NFL legend is one of two Broncos execs who tested positive Tuesday morning -- the other is Broncos' CEO, Joe Ellis.

"After not feeling 100% on Sunday morning, Joe promptly reported his symptoms to our medical team and watched Sunday's game at home as a precaution," the team added.

"He continued to work from home on Monday before receiving a positive test result this morning."

Both execs are NOT at the team facility at the moment and are following the NFL's COVID protocol.

"Other than mild symptoms, both Joe and John are doing well. They will continue to work from home in self-isolation and participate in virtual meetings while their health is monitored."

60-year-old Elway and 61-year-old Ellis both believe they contracted the virus OUTSIDE the team facility.

"There were minimal close contacts identified for each (no players or coaches), and those individuals have been notified."

The team has been dealing with COVID issues over the past week -- with offensive lineman Graham Glasgow testing positive on Friday, leading the team to cancel practice that day.

Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Ed Donatell also tested positive over the weekend -- he did not coach against the L.A. Chargers on Sunday.

Denver Broncos Practice Canceled After Player Tests Positive for COVID

Breaking News

Another COVID scare in the NFL -- this time, the Denver Broncos confirm a player has tested positive ... so Friday practice has been canceled.

The team has not released the identity of the player -- but notes he is already "at home in self-isolation along with two other players who were determined to be close contacts."

The Broncos note they have been following guidelines and working with the league and medical experts. But still, stuff happens.

"As a precaution, we have made the decision to postpone today’s practice and conduct virtual meetings in preparation for Sunday’s game against the Chargers."

"The team is scheduled to return to UC Health training Center for practice tomorrow."

The team adds, "The health and safety of the players, coaches and staff will continue to be of the highest priority."

Also worth noting, the Chargers have also canceled a practice this week due to a player testing positive.

Seems the NFL has had COVID issues every week since the season began — even stars like Cam Newton have been affected.

It’s only Week 8 … which leaves 9 more weeks left in the regular season followed by playoffs.

Melvin Gordon NFL Star Apologizes For DUI Arrest ... 'I Am Sorry'

Breaking News
MOVING FORWARD
Denver Broncos

Melvin Gordon issued an apology to his Broncos teammates and the entire city of Denver for his DUI arrest earlier this month ... saying straight-up, "I am sorry."

The running back was accused of drinking and driving back on Oct. 13 ... after cops say they pulled him over for doing 71 MPH in a 35.

In the police report, obtained by TMZ Sports, the arresting officer claimed Gordon had slurred speech, watery eyes and reeked of booze.

Gordon was eventually hit with 2 DUI charges and a speeding violation over it all ... and, when he spoke with reporters Wednesday for the first time since the incident, he apologized vehemently for the arrest.

"Because of legal things, I haven't been able to publicly go out and say what I needed to say just from me to you guys to put it out," Gordon said, "I am sorry that I was even in the situation."

"I don't want people to feel like, 'Oh, because Melvin didn't say anything or he didn't speak on it, he just don't care. He's not apologetic about the situation.' That's not the case at all."

Gordon continued, "To the people of Denver and everyone I just don't want anyone to feel like I just don't care and, you know, 'Oh, he got his money, he don't care.' I do and not happy that I was in the situation."

"But, it's something I just wanted to let you guys know that you could put out to the people for me."

Gordon -- who signed a 2-year, $16 million contract with the Broncos in March -- is now facing league discipline and could be hit with a suspension this season over the arrest.

As for the criminal case ... Melvin -- who's rushed for 349 yards and 4 TDs this season -- is due for a hearing in court next month.

Melvin Gordon DUI Arrest Cops Say RB Reeked Of Booze ... Drove 71 MPH In A 35

Exclusive Details

9:59 AM PT -- TMZ Sports has obtained police docs from the Gordon incident -- with cops saying the running back was clocked doing 71 in a 35 MPH zone -- while apparently drunk as hell.

The arresting officer says when he approached Gordon's vehicle during a routine speeding stop, he noticed the obvious signs of intoxication -- "speech was slurred, breath had a moderate odor of an unknown alcoholic beverage, balance was swaying, eyes were watery."

Cops say Gordon agreed to undergo field sobriety tests ... but "performed unsatisfactorily exhibiting validated indicators of impairment."

In the docs, cops say Gordon was "arrested" ... though officials note he was NOT booked at the downtown detention center due to new COVID-19 protocols that allow officers to release DUI suspects at the scene to a sober driver.

Cops say paramedics were called in to administer a blood draw to find out Gordon's blood alcohol content. Those results are pending, cops say.

Denver Broncos star Melvin Gordon was busted for driving under the influence and speeding ... TMZ Sports has confirmed.

Records show the case was filed at 1:55 AM on Wednesday morning. The exact time of the bust is still unclear. We're working on it.

According to court records, the running back is facing 3 violations -- speeding at least 25 MPH over the limit, and 2 DUI charges.

Records show Gordon is listed as 6'1", 213 lbs. He is set to be arraigned on November 13.

27-year-old Gordon is fresh off the best game of his Broncos career -- rushing for 107 yards, including a 43-yard touchdown run against the New York Jets.

The Broncos released a statement on the incident ... saying, "We are aware of the situation involving Melvin Gordon."

"Our organization has been in communication with him and is in the process of gathering more details."

Gordon was a 1st round pick in the 2015 NFL Draft and played with the Chargers until the end of the 2019 season.

The former Wisconsin star -- a Heisman finalist in 2014 -- made the Pro Bowl in 2016 and 2018.

In March 2020, he signed a 2-year, $16 million contract with the Broncos.

Originally Published -- 8:43 AM PT

Von Miller Awesome Custom Carhartt Boot ... After Ankle Injury

Breaking News

A season-ending injury can't stop Von Miller from reppin' his favorite brand ... with the Denver Broncos LB getting a sick custom Carhartt walking boot!!

The NFL superstar went down with a devastating ankle tendon injury in the season opener against the Tennessee Titans ... requiring surgery to get back to 100%.

The 31-year-old showed how he's dealing with the bad news on Friday ... revealing a personalized Carhartt boot to help him through the tough time.

Now, Miller's love for the company is the worst kept secret -- the guy LOVES to rep the brand while farming his chickens ... and now he can keep it going during recovery.

It's been pretty positive for the Broncos lately -- Denver just beat the NY Jets on Thursday Night Football to get win #1 on the season.

Seeing Miller have some fun with his injury has to boost the spirits a bit, too.

Get better, Von!! In the meantime, enjoy the boot.

Denver Broncos Install COVID 'Misting Booth' ... to Disinfect Players

Exclusive Details
KEEP IT CLEAN

The Denver Broncos have installed a special "misting booth" at the team facility -- which sprays a disinfectant on players to and from practice in hopes of killing the COVID virus.

The Broncos posted footage of the machine on Monday -- saying, "Time for work. But first, we sanitize."

We're told the booth is spraying a product called "MicroSURE" -- which is touted as a powerful nontoxic disinfectant that kills viruses like E.Coli, Staphylococcus aureus and Coronavirus upon contact.

A rep for the Broncos tells us, "We want to go above and beyond to protect the players."

"The misting booth is an additional safety measure that sprays a safe, medical-grade disinfectant on players and their equipment when entering and exiting the practice field."

The Broncos have already had a serious COVID scare this off-season when star linebacker Von Miller tested positive for coronavirus back in April.

Miller was symptomatic -- but has since recovered. He's called on others to take the virus seriously.

Meanwhile, several other NFL stars and coaches have also tested positive this off-season ... from Lions QB Matthew Stafford to Eagles head coach Doug Pederson.

Von Miller Finally Tests Negative for COVID ... Battled Virus For Weeks

Breaking News

Great news for Von Miller ... the Denver Broncos superstar is now COVID-19 negative -- this after he battled the virus for over two weeks.

Von tested positive back on April 16 ... saying his symptoms started a few days earlier with trouble breathing and a bad cough.

"My girlfriend she told me when I was asleep she said my cough it didn’t sound normal," Miller said at the time.

Von spent the next couple weeks fighting through the illness ... and you can see in video of him celebrating the Broncos' first-round draft pick on April 21, his cough was pretty gnarly.

SO HYPED!

But, Miller tweeted Thursday that a new test revealed he had beaten the virus ... saying, "Got my results back. Im 'negative' for Covid-19."

So far, Miller, Saints coach Sean Payton and L.A. Rams center Brian Allen are the only known NFLers to have contracted the virus.

But, all three are doing well now ... providing a glimmer of hope that we'll be able to see them and the rest of the league on football fields whenever the NFL eventually kicks off.

Terrell Davis Praises Broncos For Signing Gordon ... He's Big & Talented!!!

Exclusive
STATREGIC PLANNING
TMZSports.com

Terrell Davis says he's hyped that his former team, the Denver Broncos, signed Melvin Gordon ... telling TMZ Sports Gordon is a talented running back -- and BIG!

The L.A. Chargers clearly didn't think so ... they let the 215-pound RB go after 5 seasons -- giving the Broncos the opportunity to sign the 26-year-old to a 2-year deal worth $16 MIL last month.

"When you can get a guy as talented as Melvin, ya know you always would like to add that to your backfield," the former Broncos champ says.

And, the Broncos already have a pretty decent running core with Phillip Lindsay and Royce Freeman ... but Davis tells us they were still lacking a dominant guy.

"They got three real good running backs and Melvin's big," Davis tells us. "I think he provides that big physical back that the Broncos didn't have and as well, he can catch."

"They seem like they're gonna be an offense that's gonna use the backs a lot more in the passing game."

Davis says there's a bonus to signing Gordon as well ... it will take the pressure off their young QB, Drew Lock.

"Well, what you would ask somebody like Melvin is to be able to take some of the load off the quarterback, so it's not just every down. It can't be predicted," Davis says.

Davis played his whole 6-year career in Denver from 1995 to 2001 -- and ya gotta hear his message to Gordon on what to expect in the Mile High City.

Ex-NFL Star Deltha O'Neal DUI Case Crash Pics ... Show Mangled Mercedes

Ex-NFL star Deltha O'Neal is EXTREMELY lucky to be alive today ... TMZ Sports has obtained the crash pics from his DUI case -- and you can see his car was a mangled mess.

As we previously reported, O'Neal was involved in a terrifying wreck back on Aug. 7, 2019 .... after cops say he lost control of his Mercedes going around a curve on a Florida roadway.

Cops say O'Neal and his passenger, Joseph Babcock, struck a curb, slammed into a utility pole, caught on fire and ripped through trees before their ride finally came to a stop.

O'Neal and Babcock were both seriously hurt in the accident ... with officials saying Babcock broke his femur, while O'Neal fractured his back and neck.

In police photos we obtained of the car shortly after the crash ... you can see it's a miracle that's ALL that happened to the guys -- 'cause there was hardly any car left post-accident.

According to court docs, O'Neal had admitted to drinking before the wreck ... and he was later arrested and hit with two counts of DUI.

Babcock, meanwhile, sued O'Neal over the crash ... demanding cash, claiming the former Denver Broncos Pro Bowl DB was responsible for all of his injuries.

O'Neal -- who logged 34 interceptions in his 9-year NFL career -- is currently fighting both cases in court. His next appearance in his criminal case is slated for April.

Deltha played 4 years with the Broncos, 4 years with the Bengals and one year with the Patriots from 2000 to 2008. He made two Pro Bowls, one in '01 and one in '05.

Broncos' Drew Lock Rocks Pink Short Shorts On Baecay ... With Ultra-Hot GF

Breaking News

Drew Lock and his bombshell GF are keepin' the fabric to a minimum on their romantic getaway ... 'cause the Broncos QB's wearing a super-short pair of shorts posted up with his bikini-clad lady!!

The rookie is proving he's a seasoned vet in the vacation department ... hitting up Turks and Caicos with Natalie Newman ... and the pics are hotter than the 79 degree weather!!

Of course, Lock was a stud at Mizzou before going to the Broncos in the 2nd round of the NFL Draft. Newman is a Buffalo who attended Colorado.

The couple went IG official in 2019 ... and they've been posting adorable stuff ever since.

"Shore do love ya," Natalie captioned her beach pic with Drew. Cute, right?

Drew shared a tribute to his boo on Jan 1, saying "Happy New Year but most importantly Happy Birthday to this beautiful woman."

"I’m so thankful 2019 brought you into my life, you bring so many smiles to my face effortlessly! I can’t wait to see what 2020 brings us."

Broncos fans are hoping 2020 (and Drew) brings 'em back into NFL relevancy.

NFL's Kareem Jackson Suspended 2 Games For DUI Arrest ... I'm Sorry I Screwed Up

Breaking News

Denver Broncos safety Kareem Jackson was just slapped with a 2-game suspension -- ending his 2019 season -- after cops busted him for DUI back in September.

Jackson -- a 31-year-old stud defender -- was arrested on September 19 in Denver after officials say he was speeding and driving under the influence.

KJ -- a former 1st round pick who was a star at Alabama -- immediately reported the arrest to Broncos officials ... who passed the news on to the NFL.

The league investigated ... and on Tuesday they handed Jackson a 2-game suspension.

The Broncos are 5-9 and have no shot to make the playoffs ... so it's not that big of a blow for the squad.

Jackson owned up to his screw up ... and posted a heartfelt apology on Twitter.

"I would like to apologize to the Broncos organization, my teammates & fans. I understand the severity in my lapse of judgement and I will certainly not make this mistake again. I know I am fortunate to play in the NFL and am held to a high standard of professionalism and conduct."

The Broncos also released a statement addressing Jackson's arrest.

"Kareem Jackson was arrested for driving under the influence on Thursday, Sept. 19. He immediately informed our team of the incident, which we promptly reported to the NFL and thoroughly reviewed as an organization."

“There are high standards for the personal conduct of all members of our organization, and we have expressed our extreme disappointment to Kareem for his poor judgment. Under the NFL Policy and Program on Substances of Abuse, he has been suspended for the Broncos’ final two games of the 2019 season.”

As far as his legal issues ... Jackson appeared before a judge in Colorado earlier this week and plead guilty to a reduced charge -- driving while ability impaired.

The judge hit him with a year of probation, 24 hours of community service and a fine.

Old news is old news!
Be First!

Get TMZ breaking news sent right to your browser!