Michael Jackson Estate

Back Up for Sale -- $23.9 Million

3/21/2012 11:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0321_michael_jackson_carolwood_house_launch_EXDThe house where Michael Jackson died is up for sale ... again ... for a whopping $23.9 million.

The estate went on the market Monday and we've learned a "major celebrity" will look at it tomorrow.

We're told the realtor -- Mauricio Umansky, the CEO and co-founder of The Agency in Beverly Hills -- will ONLY show the property to serious buyers who have pre-qualified ... which means they have the dough to buy the property.

The 17,000 square foot house -- which has been on and off the market since MJ died -- is completely empty. It has 13 bathrooms, a pool, guest house and an elevator.

smileandshine

Hmm looks like a little haunting feel to it to me. I wouldn't buy it no matter who it belong too. Must had some history to it. How old is this place anyway?

kar

Michael did not own this house, he rented so You really shouldn't refer this as his ESTATE.

HermesHeiress

People we know if they tag Mj's name to anything it will get them a a couple extra mil.Marketing stragedy.Too bad when I pass..its gonna be a fire sale behind the dollarstore.

Butterfly

WHETHER THIS HOME WAS ACTUALLY MJ'S OR NOT, I couldn't care less. This home is, by far, the most elegant, magnificent, beautifully appointed workmanship and landscaping from any of the celebrity mansions previously, featured. Same thing goes for those whose asking price is millions more than this one and the owners seem to think theirs outshines any other. THEY ARE WRONG! After seeing this, and, if I were financially able, I would snub every other home in Hollywood and make every effort to purchase this one. Looks absolutely magnificent and hopefully it is as gorgeous and well maintained as it appears. So, for now, I will settle for my lovely Florida home and continue enjoying it with no regrets. however, much happiness to the new owner of MJ"s outstanding home! Good Luck!!!

Marie

Ohwell, I see you are still in love with Michael Jackson. You keep posting poems and love songs about him everyday.

Marie

Who is the major celebrity wanting to buy this house? Justin Bieber? Donald Trump? Snooki?

Paige

Major celebrity is gonna look at it tomorrow and has to actually have the serious money to see it?
The only person it could be is Lindsay. Right?
But you all guessed that already. It couldn't be anyone else that could meet these high qualifications.

Luz

What an exquisite house!! I know this was not Michael's house, AEG was renting it for him. But it's superb!

kim

TMZ desperate again. How many times are we going to report on this?????

First, get the title of the story straight. It was not his estate, it was the house he was renting. Gees. Anything for a $$$$.. His money song fits so right in here.

kim

To all the MJ fans,

1000 beautiful red roses was delivered to Forest Lawn today from fans from 42 countries for the 1000th day of Michael being gone. They are beautiful. If I could post a picture here, I would so you could see.

MiMi

Thanks kim

Found the photo Of the 1000 roses. It is temporarily my avatar.

Dose Of Reality

It looked like one of the pig styes on a episode of Hoarders when MJ lived there.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments