'Lost' Co-Creator

I Played THE NUMBERS in Lotto

... But They're Still Cursed!

3/30/2012 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0330-lost-lottery-exd
Damon Lindelof is PRAYING TO JACOB that life imitates art ... 'cause the "Lost" co-creator just dropped one U.S. dollar to play the infamous "Lost Numbers" in the mega-millions lottery.

Lindelof just posted a photo of his ticket to Twitter ... featuring the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42.

Of course, Hurley played the numbers on the show ... and won a jackpot worth $114 million ... but the numbers turned out to be cursed ... and led to fires, arrests, plane crashes and a meteorite plowed into his chicken restaurant.

So why is Lindelof taking a chance on winning cursed millions? He tells us, "It's not safe at all. The numbers are still cursed. That being said, I'd be kicking myself for the rest of my life if they came in and I hadn't played them because I'm greedy like that."

bkwardstraveler

I would imagine a number of Lost fans are probably playing the same numbers. Good luck.

Diego

THAT'S A DISK II MAC FLOPPY DISC DRIVE THAT I SEE IN THE BACK??

AWESOME!

OneManArmy

He'll be splitting that with numerous other people if it won, bad decision. Most winners are quick picks. I take a quick pick and then play the same number again. That way if there's a three way split or higher, I get two of them.

sPaNkdEnALgAs

Those numbers already came up last year (through the mega millions lottery. It happened back in January 4th, 2011. 2 people hit that jackpot. Google the last name McCullar and Lahti. Do you know what the odds of it being that combination again are?

Jay W.

"because I'm greedy like that."

Lindelof I can appreciate the honesty ! lmao

I am Spartacus

and i'm sure others have thought of this and are playing these numbers. Taking pictures of your ticket and showing everyone is a stupid idea because then someone can just go out and play the same numbers and then you have to split it with more people.

When i was buying my tickets today i saw this one guy who seemed to be thinking so hard as to what numbers he wants to play as if there is some sort of strategy involved. It's a random drawing, picking your numbers gives you no advantage. I can understand if you have some sentimental value to certain numbers.

Beth

I just played these too! :)

Alexandra Spinner

That's because he wasn't a CO-CREATOR ANYTHING of LOST. Anthony Spinner was the SOLE creator as GOVERNED by WGA.

patty

looks like he has the ticket next to the dharma initiative logo

om

If you're the co-creator of "Lost," didn't you already win the lottery?

Rogue Warrior

TMZ is once again FOS!!!!! Let's put 11,000,000 people in the Ocean at 100 ft deep with floatation devices on for an hour at the same time and see if only one gets eaten by a shark..... Good luck with that!!!!! The "factors" of the shark statistic are too dynamic and can't be compared to the static nature of a lottery.

FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joe

He had 2 out of 6 not too bad!

greg watkins