« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Jeremy Shockey

I Want an Apology

from the NFL Network

3/31/2012 5:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0331-jeremy-shockey-getty-ex
Jeremy Shockey is fuming mad that Warren Sapp labeled him as "the snitch" in the New Orleans Saints infamous "bounty scandal" -- and since Sapp called him out not the NFL Network, he wants an apology from Sapp and the league ... TMZ has learned.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has already come out and said that Sapp's report was "inaccurate," but we're told that's not enough for Shockey. Our sources say the tight end wants a formal retraction and apology from both Sapp and the NFL.

We're told Shockey has been meeting with legal and business advisors and has not ruled out taking legal action if Sapp and the league don't apologize.

Our sources say Shockey could make a decision as early as this week.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

static

If Sapp and NFL network can prove he went to the league they have nothing to worry about.
I somehow don't think they can.

AntiSocialForum.com

Jeremy Shockey is still an ass

Canadasux

Go for it, Jeremy Shockey!

KicksandGiggles

Boo Hoo - so he wants to sue if somebody doesn't say "sorry". Another dash to court compliments of money drunk attorneys and people with $$$ dumb enough to believe and pay them.

Margo

He gets an apology when he wears a dress.

Brent Jorgensen

Yes -- Shockey is right. Instead of "snitch", Shockey's nickname should be "douche".

justsaying

Jeez guy! Stop being such a girl. Move on with your life.

Priscilla F. Vayda

I agree with Shockey. He is owed an apology. and enough of the ugly bashing. He is a good guy ... admittedly better when a Saint but I see no reason to bash him. All these rumors and name calling have been brought on by the actions of the commish. We are all owed an apology from the NFL and most of all the commish.

jetfanglo

and I want a refund for my Shockey jersey.......

DK

Oh Shockey, shut up you big snitch. You switch teams & all this comes out? A little to much of a cowinkdink for me, I'm more inclined to agree with Sapp.

Shocy is a whiner he has been whiner for a decade, he needs to shut up and play or retire.

ShayHay

As a Saints Fan, he was the first person that came to my mind when the whole scandal broke. He didn't leave on good terms and he's been talking a lot of trash since he became a Panther. Oh well...I used to really like Shockey when he wore the black and gold.

Annie

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones Mr. Sapp!

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Like any criminal S***BAG, they concern themselves more with who snitched than the fact that what they did was wrong in the first place. Shockey is NOTHING but a cancer & I was glad when the Giants dumped his a**.

Jay W.

Warren Sapp is a SAP !

Dale Walker

You deserve an apology plus Shockey. I was totally disappointed in you for making accusations and letting it leak into the media prior to any formal complaints. Now I am reading that you were unaware of the accusations made against you. An apology is due you plus more in an effort to rebuild your trust among the NFL. Although whistleblowers should be protected, I have yet to see a case where the law totally protected them. In your case they were pointing fingers before the whistle was blown. Very damaging to your reputation as professional football player.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments