'Extreme Makeover' Dentist

I Secretly Collect the Teeth

of My Celebrity Patients

4/4/2012 11:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0_vlqi77y8_0_qvu0b49z
Dr. Bill Dorfman -- a world famous dentist who treats some of the biggest stars on Earth -- tells TMZ he keeps a "secret stash" of the teeth he's plucked from the mouths of his famous patients ... in the hopes of eventually selling them on eBay.

Dorfman -- who recently treated Lindsay Lohan and whose website features Jessica Simpson, Usher, Ozzy Osbourne, Anne Hathaway and Eva Longoria -- was outside Rock & Brews in El Segundo yesterday when he revealed his secret.

"I actually save famous people's teeth when I pull them ... but I can't tell you [their identities] 'cause it's like patient confidentiality."

He continues, "There have been a few really famous people and I thought one day maybe I could sell this on eBay."

Dorfman insists he always offers the teeth to his patients first ... but they often decline, "So I put it in the back and i just hold on to it."

We've spoken with several dentists who tell us it's not illegal to keep the teeth -- but most dentists either throw them away or give them to dental schools for research purposes.

One dentist told us, "What Dorfman is doing is just sick."

update_bar
We spoke to Doc Dorfman today on TMZ Live, and he changed his story -- drastically. Check it out ... around the 16-minute mark.

Amber

I have ALWAYS said I wanted Ozzy Osborne's Tooth for my mantel peice!!!! I mean REALLY?!?!? You're gonna sell them on Ebay?!?!? WTF?????

kookla

I worked for him once. He's a weirdo. Seriously.

ChloeMarie

Gross.

Seldombinlaid

I would imagine maybe other dentist do the same thing. How ever it surprises me to hear one own up to it.

andyscandy

do they come autographed, with a ticket of be authenic?
great for birthday and Xmas gifts..
like the franklin menat..pass it down to your kids..
theyu got this story from John Lennons tooth.

Ari

I thought it was illegal to sell body parts???

sean

And what does he do when they're unconscious on the gas? A little amateur erotic photography perhaps?

mikeman

there's nothing unethical about it if the celebrity in question doesn't want they're tooth/teeth back. it becomes unethical when someone says no you can't do that and you then do it anyway.

andyscandy

I know this story is a lie..some of them celebs,have never seen a dentist.those teeth fell out all by them selves..
Lindsay still has her rotten teeth.they are just hiding behind the great wall of lohan (VANEERS)

truthiness

Since his dentistry SUCKS (he makes everyone look like a horse), he's going to need something to fall back on when he's done making everyone of his patients look like Mr. Ed, so no surprise that this weirdo collects teeth (and God knows what else).

Zanne

Ethically this is a gray area. Since he claims he offers the teeth to the clients and they decline, it is okay to keep them. But it is NOT okay to sell them without their express written consent! These are body parts and contain DNA. Nefarious uses for that DNA DO exist, and the dentist is naive to think that selling celebrities' teeth could or would not result in major drama down the road. He should get WRITTEN consent from patients! CYA, doc! (And now that TMZ has 'outed' him, you can bet stars will be more careful in the future). I bet it costs him business...

Hank

The guy is a closeted homo. Even though he's married two pretty hot women, I know several guys who have had sex with him. Small penis apparently.

john

he can have mine he would be famous after he fixes my teeth there so bad i dont smile anymore if for it doc?

peoplearesilly

Doubt this is true, but if it is, HE'S A COMPLETE IDIOT.

dude

totally unethical. probably in cahoots with the tooth fairy. Making money wherever you can.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments