Shifty Shellshock

Out of Coma

4/4/2012 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Shifty Shellshock is now conscious again
Former Crazy Town singer and "Celebrity Rehab" star Shifty Shellshock is now conscious again -- after falling into a coma last week, TMZ has learned.

Sources tell TMZ, Shifty had been on breathing tubes since Thursday -- when he originally fell into a coma -- but was successfully taken off them last night.

We're told Shifty is now responsive -- even speaking sporadically -- but he's still not fully aware of his surroundings. He is still in the ICU.

As we previously reported, it's unclear what put the singer into a coma -- but several people close to him are convinced drugs were to blame.

We’re told doctors believe he will make a full recovery.

nisiek

Surviving death is no big deal for lots of addicts, just a bak in between highs, he won't stop trust that hopefully he will outgrow his addiction

parlayer

"To Bad" give me a break!! Naked chicks not this idiot.

Chris T.

time for this sh i tty sh itsock to OD for good. what a joke he is, with the stupid tats and piercings. he's not talented, and he's a dumb crack head

gio

If Seth doesn't leave LA, he will be dead soon. His innocent 2 year old baby girl will grow up with no father.

I know he's afraid to go to jail for his recent coke bust, Who wouldn't be? Those are REAL gangbangers down there, not phony posing rappers who pretend to be tough.

Seth blew many great opportunities. Bob Forrest did the same thing. Maybe he can help Seth find a way out of his personal hell for the sake of his baby.

Alphajill

I love him, always have. He's such a sweet soul. I so hope and pray he's able to come back, and is able to live a good clean and sober life. The world deserves the best this man has to give. I believe in the power of who he is, and from here on out can change the world and save lives....starting with his own. This man has got the power to change the world. He's a darling. I'm so in his corner cheering him on. Thank God his life was spared this time.

SAM

who are you?...

sparroh

He has more lives than a litter of kittens. I hope he's ready to have another shot at sobriety.

American Mom

Dude! I prayed for you to get better so you could be with your boy. I do not know you but I was so very touched by the way your face lit up when you spoke of your boy. I am so very happy you came out of the coma. Try hard for your boy. Your love for him is touching even God to give you the chance to really live.

Mackenzie F.

I really hope he takes this as a SERIOUS WAKE UP CALL!!! He was a lovely person to meet back in 2000/2001, but drugs change people in a bad bad way.... I sincerely hope he can finally face his demons and get/stay sober for his kiddo(s), and eventually make a musical comeback.

Lucy Mouse Head

Wow. Great news. I'm sure everyone was on the edge of their seats worrying about this douchebag.

John_Dunkel

It would have been funny if people dressed up as aliens and told him it was 10 years later after he got back out of the coma.

Nancy G

I'm no angel,but Shifty seems to have a death wish,and is lucky he had a horse shoe up his ass,he could have died.

He's been to rehab many times over the year,and has a wife and a kid.Hopefully he returns to rehab,and cleans up his act.For his sake,and his family.

Sad to see someone lose their life to crack,as well,he must be going through his Crazy Town royalties like crazy.

Crack/cocaine is far from a cheap habit.

His wife and child deserve better,if they stick by his side still,that is his wake up call to get clean for good.

I like Shifty,I hope he makes a full recovery.

Nikki

Congrats Seth on your improvement! It upset me Monday when I heard the news. I'm 35 now - I was 23 when "Butterfly" came out; Tuesday & Wednesday I played it all day ... just like I used to back then. The Video's one of my all time favorites, and it took me back every time I played it. In 1999, I had started going down the wrong road and just recently finally got help. Addiction is in my family and my husbands. He's an addict as well. That's how we met, but we've been each others support system. We've also been bad for each other at times. However, we understand the disease. We support each other, to a certain healthy extent. People don't understand that addiction is a disease, just like cancer. It's hard to stay sober. VERY HARD.

These people disgust me with their comments. I can about bet that not even 1 poster has accomplished what Seth did in 1 year. Bitter - INHUMANE People! YOU'RE ONE OF THE REASONS WHY THIS WORLD IS ON DRUGS! We have to deal with people like you! (which you're probably on them yourself-giving you an actual valid excuse for such poor character)
With that being said, I'm glad Shifty's on the road to recovery. Glad to hear it, this morning!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4