Amanda Bynes

Arrested for DUI

After Clipping Cop Car

4/6/2012 8:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Amanda Bynes was arrested for DUI in West Hollywood
Amanda Bynes was arrested for DUI in West Hollywood early this morning ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us, Bynes was attempting to pass a cop car in her black BMW ... when she sideswiped the right rear panel of the vehicle. She was pulled over and cops determined she was not fit to be behind the wheel.

We're told the 26-year-old actress was busted at 3 AM ... she's still behind bars.

According to her booking sheet, Bynes is 5'7" and 125 lbs. Her bail has been set at $5,000.

Bynes has been frequenting the Hollywood party scene recently, hitting up several clubs over the last few weeks.

Just last month -- on St. Patrick's Day -- TMZ cameras saw Bynes leaving Greystone Manor, and thought she appeared to be extremely intoxicated. One of our cameramen even warned the valet not to let Amanda drive, but she got into the driver's seat anyway ... and took off (below).

A week before that, Amanda bolted from a cop while he was writing her a ticket. She was pulled over for talking on a cell phone, and while the cop was writing her up ... she drove away.

Amanda later swung by the police station and signed the ticket. So far, she hasn't faced additional charges stemming from that incident.

update_bar
We just got Amanda's mug shot ... it's to DYE for!

0406_amanda_bynes_pretty_footer

mike

are we sure she was drunk? or was this just another case of women driving?

Jim in Cali

This chick is a Lindsay 2

Clyde T.M. Nestra

Anybody else notice that TMZ would, literally, lose half their stories if they stopped reporting on every celebrity DUI? It's as if these celebrities don't feel they are doing their job if they haven't been caught drinking and driving. Pathetic and dangerous.

bunny

If you're going to tweet about this article 10 times, can you tell us who this person is? Harvey, I need a job, I can do a way better job than the people writing these things.

SoCalT.

irresponsible little twit.

sheesh

and the next Lindsay Lohan is............

Jay W.

She has nice lips.

Justin

She's so hot. I'd drive her home any day, tuck her into bed too.

ColoradoRob

With such a small bond why is she still i n jail? you'ed think that would be pocket change for her.

ibi

I totally hope that when she appears to court lobsters will come out and dance ahaha

Carl

With Lindsay cleaning up her act I was starting to wonder who the next starlet trainwreck would be. Looks like the smart money is on Amanda.

sean

Lindsay Lohan Part Deux.

t

I knew this was coming after the previous story on her last week...next up, a story on her entering rehab...Harvey get on it!

Lhc

If she was black, the cops would have shot her.

jack-55d79

I always think it's so appropriate for celebrities to drive Range Rovers in the TMZ. There are just so many dirt tracks and off-road obstacles in LA. They are good cars though. But I think I'd prefer something like an Audi RS6 if I was going for performance/practicality, or ordinary car, for the traffic. Although I'd no doubt run afoul of those mountain tracks and rivulets the thirty mile zone is clearly so renowned for, judging by the cars. I mean imagine driving an ordinary car in LA! Far less practical!