Amanda Bynes

Arrested for DUI

After Clipping Cop Car

4/6/2012 8:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Amanda Bynes was arrested for DUI in West Hollywood
Amanda Bynes was arrested for DUI in West Hollywood early this morning ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us, Bynes was attempting to pass a cop car in her black BMW ... when she sideswiped the right rear panel of the vehicle. She was pulled over and cops determined she was not fit to be behind the wheel.

We're told the 26-year-old actress was busted at 3 AM ... she's still behind bars.

According to her booking sheet, Bynes is 5'7" and 125 lbs. Her bail has been set at $5,000.

Bynes has been frequenting the Hollywood party scene recently, hitting up several clubs over the last few weeks.

Just last month -- on St. Patrick's Day -- TMZ cameras saw Bynes leaving Greystone Manor, and thought she appeared to be extremely intoxicated. One of our cameramen even warned the valet not to let Amanda drive, but she got into the driver's seat anyway ... and took off (below).

A week before that, Amanda bolted from a cop while he was writing her a ticket. She was pulled over for talking on a cell phone, and while the cop was writing her up ... she drove away.

Amanda later swung by the police station and signed the ticket. So far, she hasn't faced additional charges stemming from that incident.

update_bar
We just got Amanda's mug shot ... it's to DYE for!

0406_amanda_bynes_pretty_footer

1CuriousGirl

So what people, I am sure you have drove while drunk or buzzed you just never got caught. This wake up call was maybe what she needed, It doesn't make her a BAD person just irresponsible. I still think she is a great kid and loved her silly movies.

mickymanatiso

what's wrong with you people? She is a star,you can't arrest her. She is entitled laws aren't for her

Booga

Snookie's knocked up and someones gotta take Linday's place...

Kat

Unfortunately, another so-called "star" getting away with driving under the influence.
I imagine we will start treating these Hollywood people the same as us regular types when they wind up killing someone!
This is totally unacceptable! This double standard mentality hurts all of us!
Lock this chick up, no probation, as was so generously given to Loser Lohan!
This crap is really getting old, and is frightening.

Mariah C. Madrigal

Amanda Bynes Drunk driving Case Phone Number to get Drivers Lic Back 1-562-402-2466

Kim

TMZ, Thank You and Your Team for excellent updates of news events. I hope everything goes well for Amanda. I WOULD LIKE TO SALUTE THE ARMED FORCES AND VETERANS. Congrats on "GOOD FRIDAY" to 101 year old Texana Hollis. My heart is joyful with thanks for all who collectively and diligently helped Texana to regain her home, some happiness and "A BIT OF HEAVEN ON EARTH" (R) Cong. Ryan reminds me of the Crispin Glover in Charlie's Angels which stars Drew Barrymore. I would like to know if Mitt "Etch-A-Sketch Romney is getting his political ideas/ strategies from SNL and Gilligan's Island?" Some media mentions that Romney is OUT-OF-TOUCH. I think he is OUT-IN-SPACE. UNBELIEVABLE AND RIDICULOUS!! WOMEN BEING COMPARED TO CATERPILLARS?! First it was colds, then goons and now punks!! Next it might be a partridge in a pear tree or Row Row Row your boat. WHATEVER!! A RACIAL SLUR IS A RACIAL SLUR. I agree with Nancy Grace of HLN/CNN on what she heard. IT IS WHAT IT IS!! The bureaucracy can make a subliminal attempt to manipulate through visual images and audio technical analysis to convince people of "ANYTHING!!" SO WHAT?!! George Zimmerman (G.Z.) can say "whatever" through whomever! He is "FREE AND NOT ARRESTED!!" Why was G.Z.'s "new attorney" aggressively pointing and vigorously shaking his finger toward the interview cameras? WOW!! What a temper!! I agree with Tyler Perry that there should be a "Federal Law!" against racial profiling. I think President Obama, Congress and the Senate should consider his suggestion. I thought Tyler's experience of being racially profiled was a life threatening and scary experience for his blessed and exceptional life. I believe in my own internal instincts. The jurors who are impartial will decide, guilt/ innocence, whenever there is an arrest, bond set and jury trial. Will there be justice for TRAYVON or a COVER UP?! TRAYVON MARTIN was an unarmed 17 yr old young man. Where is his fair and expedient due process of law?! Where is the focused justice for his grieving parents?! We are now at 40 days and counting. TRAYVON's life matters to people throughout the world. No one knows what happened but GOD, TRAYVON whose defenseless, deceased and George Zimmerman. From my perspective, I will continue to pray for justice, gain knowledge from news reports, blogs and from research. I was not there in Sanford, FL but I did hear on the non-emergency tape the police officer instruct G.Z. not to exit his vehicle. The police officer on the phone did not know that G.Z. was going to disobey his instructions armed with a 9MM pistol and allegedly kill TRAYVON MARTIN. Within the Pledge of Allegiance.. "WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL" is important. EQUALITY AND DUE PROCESS OF THE LAW!! ARREST George Zimmerman! NO JUSTICE NO PEACE!! TMZ, Thank You. Have a Wonderful and Blessed Day. I hope everything in your neighborhood is beautiful.

manbearpig

i can't stand this crappy broad!

Kim

TMZ, Thank You for continuosly reporting updated news events. I hope every one is safe and ok in Virginia Beach, VA. Concerning George Zimmerman and the alleged racial slurs. From my perspective, an apple is an apple. A peach... is a peach...!!! Anyway you slice it a racial slur is a racial slur and cannot be changed on the non-emergency tape!! ARREST George Zimmerman!! NO JUSTICE NO PEACE!! Have a Wonderful and Blessed Day. HAPPY EASTER!!!

JK

Well, another one bites the dust; the continuing saga of the Hollywoodites.

pepper

saw her drunk, filmed her getting into the driver's seat and let her drive?! no one thought to stop her. let's see how different this story would be if she killed someone. so stupid.

Awsome

Its The NEW AMANDA SHOW

Stormy

Apparently celebs are not the sharpest tool's in the shed....but, none the less "Tool's!"

Kim

Person, Thank You for continuosly reporting updated news events. I hope every one is safe and ok in Virginia Beach, VA. Concerning George Zimmerman and the alleged racial slurs. From my perspective, an apple is an apple. A peach... is a peach...!!! Anyway you slice it a racial slur is a racial slur and cannot be changed on the non-emergency tape!! ARREST George Zimmerman!! NO JUSTICE NO PEACE!! Have a Wonderful and Blessed Day. HAPPY EASTER!!!

SAM

She used to be Gorgeous and had a lot of money but if she keeps this up she will go broke!

uncle earl

She is the most bangable out of any of eye candy.