Nick Hogan's Crash Victim

Brother Dies After Car Accident

4/13/2012 4:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0413-michael-graziano-subasset-1
More tragic news for the family of John Graziano -- Nick Hogan's infamous 2007 crash victim -- TMZ has learned John's younger brother Michael has died from injuries he sustained in a car accident earlier this month.

As we previously reported, Michael was a passenger in a 1994 Volvo which slammed into the back of a dump truck on a Florida highway on April 3. Like his brother John, he was not wearing a seat belt.

Michael was rushed to the hospital where he remained in critical condition for several days.

Now, officials say Michael has "expired from his injuries sustained in the April 3rd traffic crash."

The cause of the crash is under investigation.

Unlike Nick Hogan -- who spent some serious time in jail for the 2007 crash -- no charges have been filed against the driver in Michael's accident ... yet.

ZachF08

Natural Selection. What a dumb family

jwoolman

Hate to be such a cynic- but if a passenger is unconscious but the driver isn't after a crash, it is quite reasonable to assume that the driver might unbuckle the seat belt for insurance and liability purposes. I strongly suspect that's what little Hogan did with John, since he lied about every other thing he said to the police. Bet big Hogan would have made sure he knew to do that. In John's case, the nature of the accident meant that a belt wouldn't really have helped him. But we have no way of knowing for sure that he was unbuckled at the time of the crash because the driver was conscious and capable of unbuckling him. If the driver in Michael's case was likewise conscious, the same scenario could have played out. So don't assume he wasn't wearing a seat belt unless other more reliable evidence surfaces.

Drk Gntlmn

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Graziano family.

david

Nick spent some serious time in jail....bull****...his punishment didnt fit his crime

MomofTwo

When are these young adults going to learn.THEY need to be responsible for the actions they take.He wasn't wearing a seat belt.He has now lost his life.Should have learned from his brother's mistake of not wearing one.Maybe it wouldn't have saved him.But maybe it would have. Its not just the drivers at fault anymore.What are the parents going to sue this driver too?That's not going to change the fact that their children were irresponsible as well resulting in their own injuries/fatalities. My heart goes out to all involved.

w

My goodness my heart goes out to his parents and family, Dear Heavenly Father please take Michael into your loving arms and bless his family with strength and surround them with your loving light so they can get thru this tough time.

Omg I never said a prayer on a TMZ post before but after reading this I had too, I seriously wish this never happened to them.

Giuseppe Sallo

So tragic. RIP!

sharon

my heart goes out to his mother. last year her husband was sent to jail after he pleaded no contest to soliciting a hit man to kill her after years of abuse. at the time she had one son in a vegetative state, but now to have her other son dead... does anyone know of a direct way we can reach out to her?

Cartman

Sad stuff.

Maybe one day the Graziano's will have a child who respects a seat-belt.

Are there any left? Make them use seat-belts!

Whoever heard of dying in a Volvo without a seatbelt?

Cartman

Sad story but you can't blame the Hulkster or any of his idiot children now.

Jay

Sorry for the parents that neither son had the brains to wear a seatbelt. More often than not the seatbelt can save a person. Wonder if this accident was just an unfortunate freak one, maybe the truck stopped quickly and the car could not stop in time, OR was the driver of the car being negligent, speeding or not watching? If I were the parents, don't know if I could ever set foot into a car again. BOTH sons, one dead, one a vegetable, that's hard to take, so sorry.

Peter Sc

Maybe it is time to alter the education young people get when they obtain drivers licenses.

In Denmark they are ordered to spend time on race tracks so they can learn that real driving is nothing like the one they have spent years to observe in video-games like Grand Theft Auto.

The number of accidents is down as result of this precaution although the young people are still overrepresented in the statistic because they cannot multitask with all the electronics which are in modern cars while they are driving unlike more experienced drivers.

In fact a plane like Vought XF8U-3 Crusader III was not put in production despite that it was better than most of the planes in that period because the plane only had a single pilot who was easily overwhelmed with the workload of both piloting and the electronics.

Maybe we are seeing the same with modern cars. Either we cut down on the electronics or we just have to mandate a two person’s crew when people aged below 25 is at the wheels.

I feel that it is tragic for the families involved, but try to take a critical look at the driver education before the next accident happens.

nancy

OMG! so sorry for that family. my prayers goes out to them. soo sad!

AlwaysOnTimeB

One of the things I always do before I drive anywhere is tell my kids to buckle up. If for some dumb reason I forget to tell them, my car actually makes a beeping sound when someone in the car is not in their seat belt. I feel really bad for the parents of these two young men, and I can't imagine what they are going through right now. I would say the young men learned the hard way, but when you're in a vegetative state, and when you're dead, you can't learn anything. Let this be a lesson to anybody else out there that thinks it isn't important to buckle up when you're in a car.

Rebecca

How in the hell do you NOT wear a seatbelt after your brothers life was changed forever due to not wearing one? I REFUSE to start my car until everyone in it has their seatbelt clicked. I'm sure this family will use this as an opportunity to sue the driver of this car as well.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments