'The Office'

Cuts John Stamos Gay Joke

From Promo

4/12/2012 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0_movdf9gm_0_ec5wan7e(1)
John Stamos
takes steam room showers with gay men -- at least that's the joke that's been running in a recent promo for "The Office" ... a joke that has since been awkwardly edited out.

The original promo aired on NBC for several days beginning last Thursday -- advertising an upcoming episode of the "The Office," in which Andy (Ed Helms) attempts to dump his girlfriend by lying about being gay. In the promo, Andy says, "I'm gay ... I had to fake it. I had to imagine that I was in a steam room with John Stamos."

But this morning, viewers began to notice ANOTHER version of the same promo -- in which the words "John Stamos" have been clumsily edited out.

Now -- instead of Andy saying "I had to imagine that I was in a steam room with John Stamos" -- he says, "I had to imagine that I was in a steam room with ..." and it cuts to a voice over saying, "cool guys."

It begs the question -- why is "The Office" backing off the John Stamos gay joke?

We reached out to Stamos' people -- so far, no word back. A rep for NBC had no comment.

Tee

=yawn=

static

The show isn't funny.

Kelly

So what? Who cares?

Grouchy Smurf

Have you seen The Office lately? Me either because it stopped being funny years ago. They're probably not showing the joke in advertisements because it is, sadly, the best joke of the episode. The episode may also feature a John Stamos cameo which wouldn't be as funny if everyone already knew about it... whoops too late.

Billy

First off the show sux and always has. Second, John Stamos is one flaming gay man. He and Ryan Seacrest. Come on everyone knows it to be true and Bibber is bringing up the rear.

Steven

How stupid. What was wrong with the first promo? This gay stuff is getting way out of hand. The gay community needs to have thicker skin. Stop letting every little thing hurt your little feelings.

JayTee

Oh pleeze tmz quit acting like the stamos part is what the "problem" was..

snoopy2

Riveting...just riveting...zzzzzzzzzzz

luvmetender

They kept John Stamas in the script, just saw it here on the East coast.

lynn

I just finished watching the episode, and they did make the joke about John Stamos. I got to say, Gay or Straight, you got to admit, John Stamos is HOT!!!!

pennypoo

watching it now.....he does say John Stamos. Maybe you should have watched show before posting this.

Robbie

They did it because it was one of the only funny punchlines in the episode.

she

Here's your headline:
The Office - no longer funny!

Steppy

Were they implying Stamos is gay? Because that's not what I got out of it.

Jah36

The only thing funny about homosexuality is the perverts who attempt to pass this disgusting behavior off as normal.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments