Nicki Minaj's Dad

Gutted She Wanted to 'Kill' Him

4/15/2012 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0413_nicki_minaj_tmz
Nicki Minaj
's father is completely torn up over the rapper's recent comments -- that she wanted to "kill" him when she was a child -- and now, he wants the world to know he's not some violent monster.

In case you missed her recent "Nightline" interview, Nicki went OFF on her dad Omar -- describing the guy as a drug addict and alcoholic who often threatened to kill her mother ... once even burning down their house.

Nicki said, "I wanted to kill [my dad]. I used to wish he was dead ... 'We were afraid for my mother's life because whenever he would have a real bad outburst he would threaten to kill her."

But family sources tell TMZ, Nicki's anecdotes are grossly exaggerated -- Omar admits he had anger issues when she was a child ... but insists it NEVER reached the point Nicki described in her interview.

Sources tell us, Omar never knew Nicki felt this way about him -- and he's absolutely crushed she decided to air her grievances in the media.

We're told her father still loves Nicki very much ... and always has.

Joao

The alleged family sources that told TMZ that Nicki's anecdotes are grossly exaggerated weren't there and aren't her. Those deniers exist in every dysfunctional family--always minimizing, excusing, and redirecting blame. Furthermore, the father is obviation a nutcase---if I read right, HE BURNED THE HOUSE DOWN in a rage and he claims that he never he never knew Nicki felt this way about him -- and he's absolutely crushed she decided to air her grievances in the media-Ass hole, if you hadn't done it she would hate you. Sounds to me, he and that fu*k-up family is more pissed that
she told HER story than that she had been tortured and tormented. Why wouldn't she want to kill him, he'd deserve it.

Becky

What does Nicki Minaj's dad "gutted" mean? Is this a typo?

janet

maybe the fake afro wig is hurting her brain. Not.

Stormy

Is this the same classless whore that was flipping the cameras off at the SuperBowl halftime show that nobody watched??

Muppet

Elisabeth: 10 hours ago
I'm so tired of these pseudo humans trotting out their family secrets like some sort of honour flag, like it excuses their behaviours and attitudes. If you have Daddy issues, get some professional help. Tell your doctor all the dirty details, not the entire world. Good grief. People out there are really suffering with mental health issues. It's not meant to be entertainment, or part of your stupid shtick.

Thank you!! This is exactly what I was thinking! You've stated it so well it needs repeating! If only we could get all the dimwitted "stars" to listen to what you're saying! How can she expect anyone to respect or admire her when she spouts off about her family in such a way? It just makes me roll my eyes and think "attention seeking 101"!!

Jill Conway

I'd hate my father too if I had a face like a pig's ass.

Americentric

because All fathers burn the house down. Exagerrated my ass. Beating women and children is accepted in west indian culture.

Melanie

Didn't he set the house on fire while her mom was in it? If this were a lie, the truth would have come out a while ago. Her dad's a punk for not owning up to what he did to that family.

Team QB

when will people realize that this lady is a gimmick and everything she says/does is a dramatic performance to make money. #illuminati

arale norimaki

why is lil kim mad?

Gaymen

and I'm glad she made a song with another women beater......Chris Brown

moesha

stfu about nicki , yall jus some haters , she out here doin wat she gotta do and she gettin daat paper so suck a **** .

Ib Love Nicki Minaj ( BARBIE )

cass

She is a disgraceful, non-talented, butt-injected, retarded idiot!

rsmik

If he's gutted she won't need to kill him

bambam4LSU

who in the he ll is Kicki Ninja??

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments