'The Bachelor'

African Americans Will Sue --

We're Not Wanted

4/17/2012 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0417_the_bachelor_bachelorette_lawsuit_exd_
"The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" are about to get a thorny rose -- in the form of a lawsuit.

We're told the 2 plaintiffs -- both African Americans -- went to a Nashville hotel to audition for the role of bachelor. Christopher Johnson -- an aspiring NFL player -- claims when he arrived a producer asked him what he was doing there.

Johnson and the other plaintiff, Nathaniel Claybrooks, both say they were taken to the side of the room and left out of the normal audition process. Neither was called back, and they believe it's because of their race.

They will be filing a class action lawsuit in federal court Wednesday AM. We're told ABC, Warner Horizon Television, Next Entertainment, NZK Productions and creator Mike Fleiss, will all be sued.

0417_bachelor_footer

Doinit

Im a size 12, so Im too fat to go on that show, can I sue too?

MeMe

We just had BLACK SPRING BREAK here on the coast of MS, why is everything black this and black that. We don't go around sueing whoever these folks are sueing need to get a life and quit making this a black thing.

Duchess

I don't have time for these dumb reality shows, but fair is fair....sue the pants off them.

Mazor

It's a compliment to be left out of the bachelor / bachelorette. White people are the ones that should be suing.

chachi

Do you guys watch the bachelor? I do....and if you were treated differently during a casting call because of the color of your skin why not stand up for it??? Even if you do loose....The skin color should not have anything to do with being selected or not, but if it has something to do with not being treated properly then yes you should sue....I can see if Ray-Ray from cell block 4 showed up but these were pretty good bachelor selections, and I'm sorry to say but maybe white america is afraid of how man white women would show up to meet the black and handsome bachelor

Alisha

This is pathetic. You're the first one to scream that you're not treated the same (supposedly because you're black) but yet you're also the first one screaming that you didn't get something and assume it's because you're black. Jesus christ people. Who gives a **** what your skin color is. You're still a nobody whether you're white, black, asian, mexican etc.

Machelle

While I wouldn't bother suing it has long been known and understood (according to the industry) that "viewers" do not want to see an interracial couple on these two shows or an all black cast of these particular shows. I stopped watching both long ago since I found out some of the girl's reactions were scripted. But anyway, as a black woman and as a woman that only dates interracially, I can understand their plight. I think for them it's all about fairness versus excluding a group of people simply because of race or whatever. I still wouldn't sue; I just wouldn't care.

Alisha

And Mr. Johnson... I googled your picture. Trust me when I say it has nothing to do with your skin color. It's because your face looks like it was attached by a two by four.

justsaying

This is a show that is by white people and FOR white people.....PERIOD! 95% of the people who watch this show are white. The products advertised are for whites. If you put a black person on there as a bachelor, that will be THE END of the show, because white people WILL NOT see any show or movie starring a black person......UNLESS IT'S A COMEDY! Blacks need to let white people have this and NOT TRY to be a part of it. Some things are just not for all people. It's like the white guy who tried out to be a NFL Cheerleader. It's just not right because no one wants to see a homosexual dancing along with cheerleaders. Let white people have this and don't be angry with them that you can't be a part of it. This is called life.

Maximus

Which sovereign states in Africa are Christopher and Nathaniel from?

Jen

OMG, F*ck You! They can pick whomever they want to be their bachelor/bachelorette. You aren't entitled to be chosen because you have dark skin & it's the PC thing to throw in some black now & again. I hope their lawsuit gets laughed out of court!

Blue

Well they haven't had a black bachelor so he might have a very valid point. If its the guy from the Titans, he looks like he might be a very intresting and fun choice. Better than most of the d bags they have on the show, that's why I don't watch it.

broncosgodess

I'm suing because I'm annoyed at people making everything about race! It's so damned annoying.

Tammy

Oh, sweet Jesus!!! I will pray for these two a$$holes.

donutgirl

I'm a chubby girl, I'm sure I can't get on either, can I sue too?