Oreo Cookies

Breastfeeding Ad Was NEVER

Supposed to Go Public

4/19/2012 1:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Oreo cookies breastfeeding advertisement
The Oreo cookies advertisement featuring a breastfeeding baby was NEVER intended for public consumption ... this according to the people at Kraft Foods.

The ad went viral earlier this week ... with several media outlets reporting it was a legitimate South Korean ad created by the Cheil Worldwide ad agency.

Now, a rep for Kraft -- the company behind the cookie -- tells TMZ, "Kraft Foods did not create this ad. It has never run in Korea or any other markets."

The rep adds, "This ad was created by our agency for a one-time use at an advertising forum. The ad was never intended for public distribution or use with consumers."

Anonymous

Hilarious.

Carl

So what? People get worked up over the stupidest things and companies will freak out when they do.

Jerri

What happened to america's sense of humor. I thought the add was funny. lol

Richard Autry

It's not that breast feeding is offensive....It's just extremely hard to dunk an oreo while breast feeding.

Kelly

Good grief why are people apologizing for things that were done ON PURPOSE!?!!? Stop apologizing!!!!

Eve

we watch movies with people being mutilated, tortured, shot and no one blinks an eye....you see a women feeding her baby and it's shocking. What a strange world.

bart

Lucky Baby!

Bruno

It's a great picture. I don't see anything wrong with it.

V

I think the ad is wonderful. I cannot imagine seeing it as offensive. Some people are just dumb!

DR SICK

GOT MILK? should have run this ad!!

lalaland

I'll never understand how that could possibly offend anyone.

Crystal

I thought it was an awesomely hilarious ad. I don't understand why some are so disgusted by a baby eating. I would much rather watch a baby breastfeed then a morbidly obese person at a buffet and yet that is socially acceptable.

BurntSushi

Just gonna put this out there, who gives a ****? People are so damn uptight, makes me want to move somewhere in Europe.

ria

How adorable. The most creative ad I have seen lately. Got Milk?!!

mousetrap

Their explanation sound fair enough for me. I am sure ad agencies put together commercials all the time that never end up getting out there for various reasons. Like this.