'Two and a Half Men' Ad

You Don't Have to Settle

for Ashton Kutcher

4/24/2012 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Charlie Sheen Two and Half Men billboard ad
Ashton Kutcher is no Charlie Sheen ... and he never will be ... at least that's the message an L.A. TV network is trying to convey in a new marketing campaign.

KTLA in Los Angeles has plastered billboards all over town promoting the syndicated run of "Men." The billboards feature Charlie's face next to the words, "The Original" ... and if it seems like it's a shot at Kutcher ... that's because it is.

A mole at the station tells us ... the marketing people are playing off the premise that "Men" was simply better with Charlie. They believe fans miss him ... and will be more into the reruns because Charlie "was the show."

Can't argue with facts.

0424_remembering_charlie_harper_footer

Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

Without a doubt Charlie Sheen's Two and a Half Men show will always be the one and only hit show. We continue to watch the reruns and not bothering to watch Ashton Kutcher. Looking forward to watching Charlies new show Anger Management

Carl

They've been running that ad campaign on KTLA for months now. Since the TMZ staff is in LA I don't know how you missed it until now. Also, this ad campaign will only run through the summer at most. Come fall, this year's episodes will go into syndication and I bet anything they will be playing up Ashton's episodes being on channel 5.

Theresa

Charlie was not the show!!!! InMHO I think the entire cast excluding Sheen make the show!!! I don't like anything Charlie Sheen has been in. I love the show now that he's gone.

Diane

Everyone I speak to wants Charlie back. He is the one and Only Real Man!!!!!

dave

The show sucks no matter who is on it-the writing is for five year olds who thinks those stale old crappy sex jokes are original. Let the damn show die...:P

jmak2011

Charlie Sheen was the show, Enough Said. Ashton Kutcher sucks Plain and Simple. They should have canceled the show instead of hanging on to something that isn't funny anymore. I only saw the first episode and with Kutcher in it and turned to another channel. I also cannot stomach looking at the UNGRATEFUL Jon Cryer anymore.

Cynthia

I totally disagree that Charlie "was the show". He was good no doubt, but I consider Jon Cryer the true comic genius of that show. He outshines Charlie every time. That should be Jon's show, featuring Ashton Kutcher, not starring Ashton Kutcher. Jon Cryer doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves for that show's success.

jason

I disagree, AK is much better then CS..CS was ok but please the golfer or bolwing shirts.. I look at the old originals now and say " lOOSING"..

johnny

I got through the Hollywood Hype here, and I have but one thing worth noting.
What about a new/ revitalized version of "Seventh Heaven"?

Ann

I like the show MUCH better without Charlie Sheen.

Zarcady

The plot and premise were believable when Charlie was on the show. Now, it is contrived beyond irrational stupidity. Walden keeping Alan around? Why? Oh yeah, because he prevented him from walking into the ocean so the billionaire puts up with the irritating and interruptive Alan. No one sees that EVERYONE on the show would BENEFIT from the removal of Alan's character? If Walden indeed felt a debt, it would easily be bought off with money, a separate place to stay and independence from each other. I can't even watch the show because it's so stupid that they all are still there.

Verda can stay, she is hilarious and a housekeeper makes sense. Alan and dumb dumb are not funny anymore without Charlie propping them up. Judith has NEVER been funny and the scene stealing next door neighbor Rose, has apparently been written out of the show.

Just because Ashton has a twitter following keeps the show on the air. On it's own merits, the show and it's storyline and looks like what it is, a poor cobbling together or jigsaw pieces that don't fit. If Chuck Lorre was as good as he thinks he is, he should have done better, hell, I could have done better!

rich

i,ve tried to like the new show , but how hard they try they can,t get i rite . charlie is missing and the show is lost.i want charlie back the show sadly was the best part of my day .

netsey

I will not even think about watching the new show, it just isn't funny to me as it was when Charlie was on it. I watched the new show one time only and I did not crack a smile, not even a little one. Ashton Kutcher has never and will never be funny to me.

Elizabeth Bales

I cant watch two and a half men with Ashton.