Octomom's House

A Picture of Squalor

4/25/2012 6:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Octomom and the horrible house conditionsTMZ has obtained pictures of Octomom Nadya Suleman's home that have triggered a police and child services investigation into allegations that her 14 kids are living in horrendous conditions and are being grossly neglected.

TMZ broke the story, Octo's hairstylist, Stephanie, went to La Habra cops Tuesday afternoon and filed a formal complaint. A La Habra cop and 3 reps from the Orange County Department of Children and Family Services went to Octo's house Tuesday night to investigate.

One picture shows two children pooping in a portable training toilet in the backyard. We're told the plumbing in the house is shot, and only one toilet is operational.

Another photo shows Octo just after she got her hair done. What's shocking is that she locked her kids in the bedroom by propping a chair against the door so they couldn't get out.

Yet another pic shows the children's bedroom, with 2 cribs and a mattress. Stephanie told cops some of the kids are forced to sleep on the floor.

And there's more ... a pic shows some of the kids in the backyard, barefoot, dirty and wearing no pants.

Stephanie tells TMZ, "The kids are in desperate need of help, and I tried to help and she's not open to anyone helping her." She says the boys are wearing girl's clothes, they are neglected and Nadya is just incapable of caring for them.

Authorities stayed at Octo's home Tuesday night for an hour-and-a-half, and determined the kids were not in danger. There will, however, be follow-up with Children's Services.

Pissed Off Therapist

And this is why I got so pissed off when I saw her on Dr Phil, Oprah, and all these other shows getting all this free stuff, new home, etc. to take care of her kids when normal, everyday working folks who bust their tails 7days a week to work and save, can't even get the help they need to buy a home. So much for the American dream. I guess if I decided to go IVF and have a lot of babies as a single mom instead of get married and work our butts off to try to save for the things we want, maybe I could have gotten some free stuff and a new home too.

R.R.

The last comment was a little unnecessary... So what if the boys and girls have the same haircuts? So what if boys wear girl's clothes? I'm a girl and had to wear hand me downs from my brother growing up; it's pretty normal. As for the rest of it, her kids seriously need to be taken away from her. She never should have been allowed to have IVF in the first place.

anonymous

Her house is clean, except for clothes on the floor, the painting on the walls is nothing that can't be covered with a coat of paint, she has running water, she has food in the pantry and each child has a bed, even though they are laying on the floor. There are much worse living conditions. I have heard of kids being forced to walk through animal feces and poop in the tub because there is no running water. The kids will not be taken, just because she buys hair cuts for herself that are outrageous does not mean that she isn't providing the basics for her children. Sad but true.

Kim

Suleman is a piece of work. Her poor kids are living in less than acceptable conditions and she is getting a $500 hair cut! REALLY? This women is on welfare. How in the world can she afford such a luxury? I work two jobs, am NOT on welfare, am a single parent and barely make it but I make damn sure my kid is taken care of and has everything he needs. I can not afford to get my hair done but yet she has tons of kids, welfare, NO JOB and can get a $500 hair cut. WTH?

She does NOT deserve to have kids. Those poor babies do not stand a chance in hell with her as a parent. Kids need love and affection and it is clear they are NOT getting it with her. And how can CPS decide the kids are not in danger? Did I not read that there is only one working toilet and the plumbing is "shot". I am appalled!

frugalmum

If you don't have 14 kids, don't judge.
My kids cleaned their rooms the other day. It is upside down at the moment. I can NOT imagine the amount of laundry that she does. I wash laundry everyday with my 3 kids and it piles up fast. I can't imagine what it would be like if I had more. When I potty trained my kids, we had potty chairs everywhere and the kids wore t-shirts. I was actually impressed with how clean some rooms were for having that many kids. My house also needs to be painted. Although my kids didn't "tag" my house with spray paint. They drew me "pretty" pictures on ever door in this house. LOL

MILF

I really thought we were done talking about this lady,hell, give her a damn reality show along with erybody else and squash it. I mean damn we done heard erybody opinion on her already

MILF

I really thought we were done talking bout this lady. Give her a damn reality show along with erybody else and squash it

genagirl

I really hope they take those kids away from her and get them to good home.

trophymaker

How do we know any of this is true? How do we know it's her in the photos? I have better things to do than look at this stuff not knowing how much is real , fake or embellished.

Big Joe

Pretty normal mess just times 14. Its hard enough to pick up after2 kids. I think her hair stylist is pretty shi**y. If she thought it was that bad did she still charge??

Cindy

The CPS needs to move in and take those children so they can be properly cared for. She is way in over her head and obviously she cant do her job as a mother. Someone spending $500+ on her hair when her children are running around in that filth? Worthless mother!

Jena

Ok the poor kids having to poop outside is bad and a lot that woman did or does i do not agree with and she certainly needs to straighten out her priorities not her hair......but kids outside and dirty in a FENCED in yard running around playing in their t-shirts and diapers is that really UNHEARD OF and distubing to some people(ppl who have one or more kids)??? Hell when my kids were babies and they were outside during the summer time i would let them in their dipaers and t-shirts and of course they would dirty from being outside. At nite they would get a bath....There is prob more to the story but I couldnt imagine having all those children and what my house would look like I have 2 and its hard enough to keep up w/them let alone 14 of them but I will say i wouldn't b spending $500 on my hair i don't even spend that on my hair now. Octo mom should of had 1 or 2 kids or maybe even none. I wish her and her children all the luck!!!!@

LoveTheLord

Please, let's remember these innocent children! As much as we want to accuse "Octomom" of numerous offenses,she needs our prayers.

We are all God's property!

britt

First off, I do not like the "Octomom" at all and think that she is not raising her liter successfully. HOWEVER, this friend obviously is looking to get money or 10 minutes of fame. In the first few pictures you see "DO NOT ENTER BABY" spray painted on the door. In picture #10, the word "baby" is only there.

LoveTheLord

Please pray for these kids--and for her!! We are all sinners and need help. Please don't be judgemental--perhaps this is exactly the story that will provide for the help she and her kids need.

Previous 15 Comments | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments