Kobayashi

I Drank 42 Cups of Coffee ...

& Didn't Crap My Brains Out

5/13/2012 12:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

051112_cupping_room_launch
Competitive eating monster Takeru Kobayashi downed a gut-busting 42 CUPS of coffee for his latest food stunt -- but his rep tells TMZ, the chowdown champ handled the massive caffeine jolt like a champ ... in fact, he didn't even have to poop.

The rep says Kobayashi didn't eat anything before the stunt -- shot a couple weeks ago as a promotional video for Eight O'Clock Coffee -- and "That's why he didn't get the sh*ts."

The rep adds, "Actually, the only thing after the insane amount of coffee was that he kept having to go pee over and over again ... so many times."

FYI -- a lethal dose of caffeine would require between 80-100 cups of coffee.

Cartman

How does coffee equal food stunt?

Cognizant _illiberal

more people die from caffeine each year than marijuana or steroids combined in fact no death has ever been connected to marijuana use directly plenty of stoned people have died in car wrecks and other accidents though

space monkey

I think this is my new fav quote:

"Kobayashi's rep tells TMZ, Kobayashi was a tad jittery afterwards -- but overall, he was totally fine."

A little jittery afterwards. I think he should be after drinking 42 cups of coffee.

I wonder how long he stayed up for.....

japk

He wasn't drinking the whole cup of many of them. In fact you can see that there is still coffee in the cups. Still more coffee than I would like at one sitting.

King Anton

That's my dawg KOBAYASHI. U know Keyser Soze made drank all that crap right??

Fernand ALIWA-A

So, you Ok?

DaveT

A tad jittery? After 42 cups? That's about 7000 milligrams of caffeine.
His eyes should have popped straight out of their sockets as fire shot out of his butt and skyrocketed him into outer space.

Tesla_Consulting

This guy needs to become a late night skit /character somewhere.

gamepro

idk how anyone can drink that much coffee and I thought that would make him have a heart attack

mA

the first cups he drank werent even empty you can see on cups still have coffee in them...... do over! use clear cups!!!!

VIDGMER

This beat Mr. McNerd, the coffee guy from Madtv!

upyours

you're the best Kobayashi! Don't pay attention to those white racist promoters who cheated and gave Chestnut lighter weighted hot dogs so he could beat you. Those racist americans just can't bear the thought of an honorable yellow warrior being champion year after year

Mike

Not tryin to hate but he definitely didn't drink much out of each cup and the shot of him chugging are all still shots except the last couple gulps (you can see edge of the camera jumping around a bunch). I'm sure he drank a solid amount of coffee being Koba"fu@#in"yashi and all but I just don't think anybody should be under the impression that you can drink 42 cups of "caffeinated" coffee and not have some serious health problems...just sayin.