Timothy Busfield

Accused of Sexual Battery

5/20/2012 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0521_timothy_busfield_article
A movie date for Timothy Busfield went terribly awry ... a woman is now accusing the famed actor of sexual battery ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... Busfield took a date to the ArcLight theaters in Sherman Oaks Wednesday night. Our sources say the two began kissing during the movie, but the woman claims at some point ... Busfield groped her in the breast and genital areas.

We're told the woman abruptly ended the date and went to police the following evening  ... filing a report alleging sexual battery.

Law enforcement sources tell us police are investigating.  Busfield has not been arrested, but we're told cops would like to speak with him.

Busfield's credits include "The West Wing," "thirtysomething," "Field of Dreams," and "Revenge of the Nerds."

Busfield could not be reached for comment.

Glenda

Seems to me this guy has been accused of this in the past. Maybe I have my actors mixed up, but I think it was him right after he was done with Thirty Something years back.

Phil

Why am I not doing 25-life? Hasn't she ever used the word 'no'?

Ace

Bond....James Bond

BellaBoo

Has this bitch never been on a date before? That's how it works.

karlew

LOL Times have changed. If I had filed a report against every guy who tried to cop a feel on a date I'd still be testifying.

Lindsay's duck lips

he was sued for sexual misconduct over a decade ago...i'll bet this isn't the only time since then he's engaged in this type of behavior

two cents

Good grief! If every man was arrested for being fresh on a date, the cops would never have time for REAL criminals. What a dramaqueen. It's not like he was going to rape her in the theater. Idiot. Must be hard for the famous to have dates when you have to always be on the lookout for scammers looking to make a quick buck.

Zach Swan

I heard the real story was that when they got back to his place after the movie, Timothy refused to bang her without a condom. This foiled her ill-conceived plan to get knocked up by a celebrity so she could earn the baby-momma annuity and caused her to get angry. Hell hath no fury like a gold-digger scorned so she conjured up some sexual assault accusations as payback.

Rocco

Not surprised. I know his history. This is not the first.

david 183

Sounds like it's about the money but we will have to wait to hear the whole story. Never rush to judgement.

Observer999

So, he did what every teenage boy has done since the beginning of time? Tested the limits, was told 'no', and apparently stopped. This sucks. She wants a check, clearly.

Debbie

Really? That's what happened everytime I went on a date. Men always try. It's called a DATE. You do have the right to say NO.

dclaire

horse sh&t. My god if I took to the police every time a guy tried for a feel......... please take some responsiblity

HungWang

oh my God, put me and every man on earth in jail. This is what we do and if we don't we regret because they never see us again...Is this some kind of a joke. People go on dates to find partners for sex!!!!!

Dave

This isn't the first time that he's been accused of that kind of thing... http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20108019,00.html