Amanda Bynes

Charged with DUI

6/5/2012 3:35 PM PDT UPDATED: 6/5/2012 4:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0605-amanda-bynes
Amanda Bynes has officially been charged with DUI after her arrest back in April -- when she sideswiped a cop car and allegedly attempted to flee the scene.

Bynes has been charged with one count of misdemeanor DUI -- and the D.A. has sought a sentencing enhancement because the actress refused to take either a breathalyzer or a blood test.

Bynes has not been charged with hit-and-run.

If convicted -- with the sentencing enhancement -- we're told Bynes faces a minimum of 48 hours in jail ... and a maximum of 6 months.

But because of jail overcrowding, it's unlikely Bynes will ever serve longer than a few hours.

update_bar
4:35 PM PT -- And now this ... Amanda just tweeted, "Hey @BarackObama... I don't drink. Please fire the cop who arrested me. I also don't hit and run. The end."

EggsOverEasy

This girl live in a little fantasy land she has built in her head.. meanwhile on the outside she just looks like an incredibly immature little turd...

brenda

"Amanda just tweeted, "Hey @BarackObama... I don't drink. Please fire the cop who arrested me. I also don't hit and run. The end." ",,,look kids, an honest to gawd Lindsay Lohan in the making. A rare feat to be enjoyed. Sadly their longevity are short-lived, so study and enjoy the pics so you can tell your kids about this rare occurrence in nature.

tina

c*nt wants the cop fired!!!!!? entitled little bitch.

Fifty Shades of WTF

Nice so many celebrities are all on favor-asking terms with the President (Halle Berry anyone)? Might as well be, Hollywood is buying him this election.....

And Amanda... its THE LAW... you refused the tests. Why? Since you don't drink no problem-o, right?

All this entitlement crap is really frosting my cookies.....

LeeLoo

I think there is more going on in that head. I think she's mentally ill.

Nostradamus

CRAAAAAAAAZY
and delusional.

Jordan

Is Barrack Obama a President of the people or celebrities. With him being more of a celebrity than a President It is an easier choice to vote for Mitt Romney.

Elsa

the look in her eyes reminds me of an ex friend. "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Just a gross slob with no respect for anyone but herself.

miapaloma

Ok, so she doesn't drink. But she was still Driving Under the Influence of something. So what's her drug of choice? If she doesn't drink, why not do the breathalyzer? Her tweet is pathetic.

frank

This crazy BEEOOOTCHHH tweeted,... I don't drink. Please fire the cop who arrested me. I also don't hit and run. The end. What at FING mess why would they fire the cop when you were drunk what a pig take responsibility for your actions grow up stop acting like a spoiled brat

Joybubble55

Get honest and get help now....

Rufus Greenjeans

Jeeeeezzzzzz. what an idiot.

Caroline

If I were her I'd just be glad they didn't charge me with the hit and run after driving smack dab into a cop car. Just do a mea culpa and have done with it. But what is the story with that crazy tweet?

Barbara

Oh my...isn't she the ****y little lady...another entitled actress in LaLa Land.

Barbara

TMZ...do you not know the meaning of the word ****y ?? It is not a dirty word...look it up