Little People

'Snow White' Screwed Us

Out of Dwarf Roles!!!

6/5/2012 12:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0604_little_people_snow_white
The producers of "Snow White and the Huntsman" passed over able-bodied little people to fill the iconic roles of Snow White's dwarfs -- casting big people instead -- and a prominent little people organization is pissed.

A rep for "Little People of America" tells TMZ, the entertainment industry should be actively casting little people.

The rep adds, "This means both casting people with dwarfism as characters that were specifically written to be played by little people ... and other roles that would be open to people of short stature."

0604_snow_white_and_the_huntsman_dwarves
In case you didn't know -- the dwarfs in the new movie are played by normal-sized actors, whose limbs were either digitally shrunk, or whose faces were digitally transplanted onto little people's bodies.

Calls to "Snow White" producers were not returned.

0605_little_people_footer

My Big Salami

These little people sure have big BALLS!!

niles

Whoa there, little people. You are the same ones who have been carping for years that you are only offered dwarf and elf roles. Obviously, the producers did not want to be insulting by offering these roles to you. Political correctness cuts both ways.

hollyhoodman

Weeee represent the lollypop kids, the lollypop kids, the lollypop kids.

Toriko

Looking at that pic there are 8 "dwarves". Am I correct, but wasn't there only 7 "dwarves"?

Cartman

What a stupid complaint. Be happy you are able to work outside of a circus you dirty little freaks.

Cue Randy Newman's ♫ "Short People" ♫

Kelly

I love the way midgets waddle like penguins.

LittleJoe

On the other hand:

Cause of digital effects there is no need to cast bad actors just cause they are small.
Some stories need a dwarf, but most of these "swarf actors" who are dwarf in real life just pretend to be actors.
The same with the actors who are just cast for their appearance and not cause of their ability to act.

Gloria Unread

Something tells me they would have been angry either way.
"We're being exploited!" or "We're being excluded!"

Mihalick

And if only little people were cast, these guys would bitch that it was typecasting and bigotry.

Amy

Dwarfs are funny. That's probably why they didn't use them in this flick. There's just something about having your hips attached to your ankles that makes me giggle and snort.

CJ

Now this is blatant SIZISM!!! :P

Jeff Portlance

If it's my movie, I can cast whomever I choose. Again, it's MY movie!!!!!!!!!!!!

shiela

For people who don't want to be scrutinuzed for their size they are the ones drawing attention to it.

w

wow, so they cast big people and digitally shortened them instead of casting able and ready actors who are little people?

well f*ck that, thats rediculous I'm not giving that movie a dime of my money, and to think I was ready to go spend the 12 bucks, screw you, I hope the little people win this case.

Cricket

You wanted equal treatment. This is it. A director has a right to hire whomever he/she chooses. I'm 5'10", did I ever get to play a dwarf? Nooooooo.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments