'Bridesmaids' Slap Case

NAACP Demanding School

Remove Teacher

6/7/2012 5:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0607_DIONNE_ncaap_malibu_heights
The NAACP is demanding the removal of a Malibu teacher who allegedly used the movie "Bridesmaids" as inspiration to repeatedly slap a black student in class ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ broke the story ... Dionne Evans (above) -- a 9th grader at Malibu High School -- filed a police report last week, claiming the teacher slapped her in the face 6 times because Dionne forgot to bring her notebook to class.

According to the police report, the teacher made Evans stand in front of the room ... then asked, "Did you see 'Bridesmaids'?" before slapping her multiple times ... a reference to a scene in the movie where one character literally tries to slap some sense into another.

Now, the President of the Santa Monica branch of the NAACP tells us, the organization is looking into the incident -- and will attend a school district meeting tonight, insisting that the teacher be placed on administrative leave while the matter is investigated.

We're told Dionne's family and their lawyer Donald Karpel met with the NAACP on Tuesday for several hours to discuss legal options.

As we reported, the L.A. County Sheriff's Department is also investigating. Still no word from the school or the teacher.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

two cents

Who the hell are they to demand anything. The schools will handle it without any input from these idiots.

Eddie

Hey, NAACP when you gonna press Obama on the 50%+ unemployment rate among black male teens??

Sherron

I don't believe this fabricated story!

Martina

This is not a racial story.
The student just happened to be black.

Not every motive is racial, TMZ.

I will say that if Barack Obama had a 9th grader daughter she would look exactly like Dionne.

opal

When will the NAACP investigate the black teen who shot the 1 year old and the 27 y.o. father (hispanics). The baby died and the father was hospitalized. Neither the baby or the father were thought to be doing anything wrong, just standing on a sidewalk. Al, Jackson, Wright, Farrakan, Trayvon ralliers, NAACP, anyone?

ohboy

It's OK everyone, the teacher was Hispanic, not White Phew, that was a close one.

KicksandGiggles

The family probably involving NAACP to help foot the legal bills. Not mad at them because its done all the time. But I do not think it is a race based issue. I am stunned after the 1st slap, the teen did not leave. It is a case of a teacher making a stupid choice and nothing more. I also will not insult the NAACP because although their role and impact has changed, it is a very legitimate and historically important organization whether we agree or not.

KicksandGiggles

By the way, if you think the NAACP has no place in 2012 and should just go away, just look at some of the racially foul comments posted daily on TMZ!

OhyesIdid

crap

ohboy

Just FYI, I got absolutely SMACKED HARD BY TEACHERS IN THE 80's and never whined about it. Kids are soft these days and want to sue you for looking at them wrong. Bunch of *******.

RaineeDrops

Why isn't she being charged with CHILD ABUSE or assault?

itsnoise

I wish a teacher would try and put her hands on me back when I was in school. Either me or my parents would slap her back 6x with interest.

jack

i go to malibu high, and the girl never attends class, the teacher is one of the best at our school, she never slapped the girl, she she did the lightest pats and said what am i going to do with you, the girl consistantly didnt do her work while the teacher spent time after class to help her. the family should not be suing, their just attention whores

Linda

Two of my children went to Malibu Junior High School...the same entity as Malibu High School, and I am not shocked at this story. Malibu is not so " cool" ..it's school have a lot of miserable teachers...one who came to class inebriated, and so many of the students are not nice people at all. I am sorry for this poor girl Dionne...I hope she finds out she is probably heads above that nasty teacher and most pf her fellow students....

Shana

Oh, now because she is black she can't lose her job for bit*h slapping a student? If she were white, it would be a whole different story. Getting real sick of everything becoming a race issue when it benefits the blacks.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments