Katie Holmes

Tom Treated Me

Like a Robot

7/6/2012 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0705_katie_tom_tmz
Tom Cruise controlled Katie Holmes like a puppetmaster ... making every major and even minor decision in her personal and professional life ... and in the end, she felt like she couldn't breathe without his permission ... this according to sources close to the actress.

Movie studio-connected sources tell us Tom executed an "Art Kill" way back when Katie was doing "Thank You for Smoking" in 2005 ... when the 2 first started dating.

Sources tell us Tom instructed producers to "kill" any promotional photos which showed Katie and Aaron Eckhart engaged in kissing or "anything else compromising."

We're told Tom also imposed his will during "Batman Begins" ... prohibiting Katie from flying with the rest of the cast. Instead, Katie would only travel on Tom's private jet. One source tells us Morgan Freeman was "disgusted" by the situation. On the other side, however, one source scoffed and said, "Wow, Tom offered her his private jet. How terrible for Katie."

Ultimately, our Katie sources say she grew sick and tired of playing Pinocchio to Tom's Geppetto ... and decided it was time to cut the strings.

Morgan Freeman tells us, claims he was "disgusted" by Tom and Katie's situation are "BS."

0629_tom_katie_footer

brad

Like the predatory "pick up artist" guys out there, it's very common for a husband to act like "Mr. Wonderful" during the courtship stage and perhaps through the first year or so of marriage. Over time though, the wife starts to see the dark side of her husband and it's not at all what she thought she was signing up for when they got married. Let's face it, Tom is a charming guy who has unlimited resources to create all sorts of romance novel type dates that women go nuts about. Tom is a guy with big private jets, helicopters, yachts, gigantic mansions and every hot car and cool toy you can imagine. Tom and Katie could hop in his jet, sleep along the way and maybe be in whatever exotic vacation spot they want by the time they wake up. I can see A LOT of women getting seduced by Tom and his "lifestyle of the rich and famous". I'm sure Katie saw a bunch of Tom's movies like "Top Gun" and "Jerry Maguire" and she thought that was "the real Tom". Tom would have been a VERY good salesman if he wasn't an actor. He sure reeled in Katie Holmes. She was already like a groupie who only saw Tom's good side so Tom didn't have to work all that hard to get her to marry him.

Firefly

swack

@Firefly - you have every right to your opinions on Scientology as I have none because I have not read anything myself about the group and only know things about it from what I read in the comments (from both sides). If your not bashing Katie or Tom why are you so flustered by my comment? In all these articles on celebs (no matter who they are) I try to keep a neutral position. I would not want to be judged as some of the people on here are judging the celebs. Attack Scientology all you want, I couldn't care less. I just think it is wrong to bash someone when you really don't know what is true and what is not.
14 minutes ago
`
Hi Swack,
`
I do know about this cult. I have been studying it for awhile now. Long before all this went down. I knew someone who "disappeared " after they joined the cult. We haven't heard from her since. I don't like to talk about it but now you know why I am so vocal. I don't attack the person asking the questions, I just give them the facts and let them decide on their own. Knowledge is a very valuable tool. So I am just helping everyone get a little more knowledge about something dangerous.

Jordan

Blame scientology for brainwashing that is what all religions do. the fact that you are a member of a certain religion you cannot see it becaue you to are brainwashed. Look at cetain parts of christianity they also do not except medical treatment for sick people they believe that prayer will heel them. Look at the Catholic church will not allow people to get vaccinated. they do not allow the use of contraception they do not allow you to have sexual relations until you are married. if you break there rules you go to unpleasnt places when you die. so all religions are cults and useless and want to control every aspect of your life not just scientology.

sasha

The truth is that it is pretty clear that this nation loves Katie and Suri. If anything happens to either, we all know who to go to.... THE ENTIRE TOM TEAM

Bubbles The Chimp

She is C-3PO and he is Jabba.

Boozez

Wouldn't it be great if this whole fiasco is the catalyst that tears down the farce of a cult religion known as SCIENTOLOGY?That would be freakin great~

Tommy

so she had it so bad she ****ed him and had his child OMG! GASP!

Xiolablu

I'm all about Katie being free, I do hope Tom has learned something from all if this though, it would suck to be him right now, for that I feel bad for him, but hoping he has learned something maybe wishful thinking, the best way Tom can save his self at this point is to admit to any wrong doings and leave Scientology but I don't think that is going to happen, at least the Tom camp knows the world is watching, that should give Katie the protection that Nicole never had.

LA

She KNEW what she was doing 5 years ago...she SOLD her soul for fame and a fake marriage. I am SO SICK of hearing, "poor Katie"....(I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan BTW).

texaschickeee

For those that keep saying "she knew she knew"..remember she was a starry eyed 20 something. She was fairly new to the business and was in a fairy tale place with Tom Calling her. She thought (like most do in controlling and abusive relationships) that its was so nice for them to offer, to give , to do... and now they see it for what it is- total control. Notice Tom NEVER dates someone out of their 20's. Too easy to manipulate. He gets fairly newbies, and goes with that. He is nothing but control. Verbal and mental abuse- I just wonder if he ever yet the extra step at times. Katie- you go girl. I am proud of you.

bearforce1

@NEW ACCOUNT set up a TMZ account 43 minutes ago. NEW ACCOUNT is a scientologist or a scientology rent boy.

Sapphiegirl

Young and stupid/older and wiser is what Katie is going thru right now. Everyone knew Tom is a control freak and you can only suffocate people for so long before they run away. I do think Tom is a bit of a hypocrite when telling Katie not to go backward (re Dawson Creek reunion show) when he still keeps popping out GOD AWFUL Mission Impossible movies! How many has he made now and do they strike gold at the box office.....HELL NO!

Bryan

I've seen Katie in action.....releasing her frustrations during shopping sprees in Beverly Hills!! She would spend thousands upon thousands of $$$$!!
The poor thing would cry all the way to Cartier!!

tamarind

Just FTR, for those who want to bring up pedophilia, etc. in the Catholic church, just know that Scientology has a lot of concealed child sex abuse itself. Look up "Carmen Rainer" for a case that came out quite recently. Jan Eastgate, the Scientologist responsible for covering up what happened to Carmen, was the head of the CCHR, the "psychs are BAAAAD and caused the Holocaust!" people. She was (probably still is) a very close friend of Tom's.

Arnie

I heard she got tired of banging Tom in the keyster with a strap-on.