« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tony Parker

Beer (Bottle) Goggles

7/16/2012 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Tony Parker wearing protective glasses/goggles.
Tony Parker is still feeling the impact of the glass bottle that hit him in the eye during the Chris Brown vs. Drake nightclub brawl ... 'cause a month later, he's wearing protective goggles to keep the injury from getting worse.

Parker -- who says he was merely an innocent bystander in club W.i.P. on June 14 -- was all Kareem'd out during an Olympic warm-up game with the French national team yesterday.

Tony recently underwent surgery to repair his left eye after a shard of glass penetrated "99 percent" of his eyeball during the melee.

Parker said the whole thing was simply a case of wrong place, wrong time ... and insists his NBA career is not in jeopardy.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Don't feed the Trolls

Man, I want a pair.

Mumra the Ever Living

Could someone please explain to me why Tony Parker, an American citizen is playing for the French National team in the Olympics?

IN MY OPINION

@Mumra....he should represent France; USA has enough talent on their team.

Mumra the Ever Living

Sorry, about the last comment. I forgot part of my post.
He was born in Belgium, and lived in France when his American father was playing there. But I'm not certain he has dual citizenship.
I'm just confused how living in a country for a certain amount of time qualifies you for playing for that country.

DopeLikeCoke

France willbe dominated by the US, goggles or no goggles.

Mumra the Ever Living

Well, I did some research, and Tony Parker's life journey has been long and winding.
The key is that at some point before his birth, Tony Parkers father gave up his US citizenship. He was born in Belgium, but lived with his father and his Dutch Mother in France.
Here's an article that has way Too Much Info about the French History of Tony Parker:

D-INCARNATION

He has to wear those until he gets his settlement

tony

because tony parker is french like batum , noah , diaw , beaubois etc...

why nowitski playing for german team because is german

why nash playing for canada team because is canadian

everyone is not American

ManiacalZebra

Wait a minute. I though he was suing the nightclub because he wasn't going to be able to play in the Olympics.

No comment

I couldn't careless about Pony Tarker.

What the heck is with the France team having a business logo on their uniforms. If the Olympics sell advertising on uniforms I am not watching.

VIDGMER

TMZ, Did you find a reliable information on what type of goggles he is wearing ?

Gretel

I always thought Tony Parker was kind of hot. The fact that he was raised in France makes him quite intriguing. Is he really that hot or am I missing something?

News Flash

Now he can see how gorgeous Eva Longoria is. Your such a fool Tony Parker!

deedle

the longer he wears them, the more $$$$$$$$$ he will see.

Debbee23

These are also known as BCG's in the army; birth control goggles.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments