Kerry Kennedy Crash

I Wasn't on Drugs

... I Had a Seizure

7/18/2012 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

071812_keri_kennedy_splash_launchKerry Kennedy has plead not guilty to driving under the influence of drugs during her July 13 car crash ... claiming she had a seizure as a result of an old head injury.

Kennedy appeared in North Castle Town Court in New York last night to answer for the incident in which she crashed into a tractor-trailer around 8 AM. Cops said she failed multiple sobriety tests and exhibited slurred speech.

But Kerry says she may have accidentally told the cops she had taken an Ambien sleeping pill that day ... but says she was mistaken, claiming tests showed "no alcohol, recreational drugs or prescription medication in my system."

Kerry also claims she underwent neurological tests following the crash ... and an MRI revealed "an area of hyper density" in her brain which she claims is the result of an old head injury.

"This accident was caused not by a sleeping aid but by a complex partial seizure," Kerry said.

Kennedy -- daughter of Robert F. Kennedy -- is due back in court in August.

Blah

Sounds familiar. Someone already used that excuse.

Sandra

What's with the Kennedy's and honesty!!I They can't own up to bad behaviour!! I suggest she is doing damage control and her doctor is being well paid!!

parlayer

tried to drink her liberal orientation clear. Not hard to believe with all the baggage that they carry. bootleggers, rumrunners, killers, rapists, on and on.

ray

right, seizure caused by taking too many drugs, ans i wasn't driving anyway and it was the truck drivers, he was backing up at 40mph.

Pudding Tang

I accidentally told the cops I was plastered...... IT'S TRUE I TELL YOU!!!

Gigidag

SURRRRRRRRRRRRRRE

irishjess

Is that going to be the new excuse all of Hollywood and the eletist have when they get caught driving what seems to be under the influence? In this day and age, there are taxis and limo services that can come and pick you up if you are intoxicated or under the influence! There should be NO excuses...

Tee

seizure is the new "i'm drugged"

Tee

I think I'd rather admit to ambien than a hyper dense brain, lol.

ChloeMarie

Between Ethel and Bobby, those kids are all kind of a homely bunch...

xiam007

yeah, and Teddy wasn't drunk either....lol

Bubbles The Chimp

She is a Kennedy. Lying, Cheating, Drinking, Stealing, and Killing comes naturally.

anony

*cough, cough, BULL$#!T....*
Ambien pills and thyroid pills do NOT look the same.
Nice try.
Can't these people ever take direct responsibility for their actions? EVER?

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Well then, license revoked.

Chuck

More Kennedy crap..Just plain old B.S.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments