Ed Helms

I Won't Eat at Chick-fil-A

... 'Cause It's Anti-Gay

7/18/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0717_ed_helms_anti_chik_fil_a_article
"Office" star Ed Helms is officially boycotting Chick-fil-A ... claiming the restaurant chain's anti-gay stance has caused him to lose his appetite.

Helms is responding to a statement issued by Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy ... who recently told a Christian publication that when it comes to accusations his company is actively opposed to gay marriage, Chick-fil-A is "guilty as charged."

Cathy claims his chicken people support the "biblical definition of the family unit." In fact, Chick-fil-A reportedly donated nearly $2 million towards religious groups that oppose gay marriage in 2010 alone.

The comments clearly didn't sit well with Helms ... who tweeted, "Chick-Fil-A doesn't like gay people? So lame. Hate to think what they do to the gay chickens! Lost a loyal fan."

Helms ain't alone ... the gay rights campaign NOH8 -- supported by stars like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians -- has also called for a Chick-fil-A boycott.

SJane

Chick-Fil-A was started by a Christian. It is one of the few businesses left that stay closed on Sunday. The owner of the company has every right to run his business how he sees fit and if gay marriage is against his beliefs then that is his business. He never said he wouldn't serve gay people-he just doesn't believe in gay marriage. It is not against the law. Chick-Fil-A does a lot of wonderful things, ?including paying college tuition for employees. If these celebrities can't 'stomach" it, then they obviously honk no one is entitled to their own beliefs.

Sharonb

Here is what is wrong with supporting "the biblical definition" of family. You have just left out all the "Christians" who have been married three, four, five times......the ones who have babies out of wedlock......single mothers whose children never met their daddy......children being raised by other relatives. The list goes on. Frankly, if I am buying your chicken, I don't need to know what your political views are. I'd rather not know in fact. But now that I do know.......

James

Gays don't eat faux food and apparently, Mr. Cathy knows it.

James

Does Chik-fil-A exist anywhere besides shopping malls? Since when do TV stars go to shopping malls just for lunch?

Cricket

I've never heard of this Helms guy and don't care whether he eats at Chick-fil-A or not. He boycotts someone who doesn't agree with him? What a bigot! He's probably never even been to Chick-fil-A. I think I'll go there for dinner.

Brian

Good,one less person inline.

The Guy

Chickens aren't gay...now Pea****s....

Emily

If they can afford to "donate 2 million dollars" to any cause in one year alone, they can afford to lose a few fans. As for me and my household, we'll eat mor chikin

ashmore

i will eat there more! To hell with these pro gay agenda celebrities they only do whats right to make money the dollar thats it !!!

Sonya

NO WAY IN HE'LL IM BOYCOTTING CHICK FIL A!!!

Ernest

I will eat more of Chick-Fil-A because it is Anti-Gay. Glad to see you are keeping great family values.

Rosehippi

I'm going to eat lots of chic a fil.

matt

Man, all the religious f*cktards really love to come out on TMZ and support the Bible and the anti gay hate. I can not wait for the civil war. Can. Not. Wait.

Pat

So i am supposed to let people like those epitomes of decency Cyrus, Lohan and the Kardashians tell me where to eat? Stupid much?

Mark

I'm going to start eating there too. Chick-fil-A has rights to their beliefs. But of course, someone thinks they have a "bigger" right to tell them what to do.

Who cares what Ed Helms says... Who's Ed Helms? And why does TMZ think his opinion is so important that we all should know about it?