Ed Helms

I Won't Eat at Chick-fil-A

... 'Cause It's Anti-Gay

7/18/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0717_ed_helms_anti_chik_fil_a_article
"Office" star Ed Helms is officially boycotting Chick-fil-A ... claiming the restaurant chain's anti-gay stance has caused him to lose his appetite.

Helms is responding to a statement issued by Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy ... who recently told a Christian publication that when it comes to accusations his company is actively opposed to gay marriage, Chick-fil-A is "guilty as charged."

Cathy claims his chicken people support the "biblical definition of the family unit." In fact, Chick-fil-A reportedly donated nearly $2 million towards religious groups that oppose gay marriage in 2010 alone.

The comments clearly didn't sit well with Helms ... who tweeted, "Chick-Fil-A doesn't like gay people? So lame. Hate to think what they do to the gay chickens! Lost a loyal fan."

Helms ain't alone ... the gay rights campaign NOH8 -- supported by stars like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians -- has also called for a Chick-fil-A boycott.

James

Does Chik-fil-A exist anywhere besides shopping malls? Since when do TV stars go to shopping malls just for lunch?

Cricket

I've never heard of this Helms guy and don't care whether he eats at Chick-fil-A or not. He boycotts someone who doesn't agree with him? What a bigot! He's probably never even been to Chick-fil-A. I think I'll go there for dinner.

Brian

Good,one less person inline.

The Guy

Chickens aren't gay...now Pea****s....

Emily

If they can afford to "donate 2 million dollars" to any cause in one year alone, they can afford to lose a few fans. As for me and my household, we'll eat mor chikin

ashmore

i will eat there more! To hell with these pro gay agenda celebrities they only do whats right to make money the dollar thats it !!!

Sonya

NO WAY IN HE'LL IM BOYCOTTING CHICK FIL A!!!

Ernest

I will eat more of Chick-Fil-A because it is Anti-Gay. Glad to see you are keeping great family values.

Rosehippi

I'm going to eat lots of chic a fil.

matt

Man, all the religious f*cktards really love to come out on TMZ and support the Bible and the anti gay hate. I can not wait for the civil war. Can. Not. Wait.

Pat

So i am supposed to let people like those epitomes of decency Cyrus, Lohan and the Kardashians tell me where to eat? Stupid much?

Mark

I'm going to start eating there too. Chick-fil-A has rights to their beliefs. But of course, someone thinks they have a "bigger" right to tell them what to do.

Who cares what Ed Helms says... Who's Ed Helms? And why does TMZ think his opinion is so important that we all should know about it?

Ten31

Here's a thought. Nabisco comes out with a rainbow Oreo ad apparently in support of the homosexual agenda. You can buy an Oreo cookie milkshake at Chick Fil A. Not sounding like gay hate to me.

Homosexuals apologists demand tolerance and inclusion. But there is no such thing as tolerance and inclusion if you don't agree with them.

Luke

I've kind of lost my appetite for watching 'Office"

Robert Bayliss

Who gives any credance to what Miley Cirus, The kardashians, or Linsay Lohan has to say about anything? Anyone can show their hoohas and people think what they have to say means something. Just hollywood trash.