Ed Helms

I Won't Eat at Chick-fil-A

... 'Cause It's Anti-Gay

7/18/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0717_ed_helms_anti_chik_fil_a_article
"Office" star Ed Helms is officially boycotting Chick-fil-A ... claiming the restaurant chain's anti-gay stance has caused him to lose his appetite.

Helms is responding to a statement issued by Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy ... who recently told a Christian publication that when it comes to accusations his company is actively opposed to gay marriage, Chick-fil-A is "guilty as charged."

Cathy claims his chicken people support the "biblical definition of the family unit." In fact, Chick-fil-A reportedly donated nearly $2 million towards religious groups that oppose gay marriage in 2010 alone.

The comments clearly didn't sit well with Helms ... who tweeted, "Chick-Fil-A doesn't like gay people? So lame. Hate to think what they do to the gay chickens! Lost a loyal fan."

Helms ain't alone ... the gay rights campaign NOH8 -- supported by stars like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians -- has also called for a Chick-fil-A boycott.

lookItsMegRyan

I just called my gay friend who works there. He's gonna rub one out and mix it with the mayo and serve it to customers. HAHAHA enjoy!!

Kristen

LIVE AND LET LIVE.

BB not bb

Wow he is so passionate about gay rights that he gives up his lunch for them. That or he has bettter places to eat than a fast food chain anyway. I wonder if he also intends to boycott Best Buy for supporting CAIR, which supports groups like Hamas? I wonder if he is going to boycott Citybank which funds the Mexican drug cartels. Somehow I don't think he is so passionate about human rights as he is about grandstanding for votes and picking on an easy target like a Christian business that sells sandwiches. They are not killing people selling drugs or trying to overthrow goverments.

You expect this from naive Hollywood types but not a politician.

CrisDizzle

Screw the Kardashians Miley Cyrus, & this Ed Helms guy! How could you boycott Chick-fil-A...? They're chicken sandwich and waffle fries is the S#!T!!!!!!! #realtalk

obama'saracist

" supported by stars like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians"
so if you want to be like these idiots boycott them,you will be missed...NOT

Regina

Ed Helms is a retarded dork. Never liked him on the John Stewart Show and don't like him now. As for Miley, Lindsay and KK boycotting Chick-fill-A, OMG, PULLLEEEEEZ. That is so funny. A trio of tramps boycotting a chicken place over homosexuality. I'm gonna laugh all day about that one.
As for the company endorsing heterosexuality, I'm all for that. I have new respect for them now.

Mr.Bojangles

Will you people please read this story properly. The celebrities named voiced support for the NOH8 Campaign in the past BUT Its the NOH8 campaign that want to boycott the Chick-Fil-A. NOT the celebrities. geeezzz how hard is it to read!

Hank Wanky

Chick-fil-A lost a customer, Ed Helms. It now gained one in me. What's up...

dani

I don't think gay people will mind that Chick fil a is opposed to gay marriage because its just that good. And this is not very surprising since they are like the only business in America that is closed on Sundays for religous reasons.

cheiner

GO to KFC it's tastes better and and every **** is treated with respect.

kelly

Did not know that. Now that I do I will start going there for sure!!!

kelly82

OptimusDyme

WHY ARE GAY PPL SO DAMN SENSITIVE????????? EVERYBODY DOES NOT HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOUR SEXUAL PREFERENCE! HEY ALL YOU GAYS, GROW SOME BALLS! i'M NEVER BOYCOTTING CHICK-FIL-A...THIS IS NOT THE 1960...S CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT...SHEESH

Felicia

Chick-Fil-A is a great company I would never boycott them. Everyone does have a right to their opinion. But who asked him?

Hayes

Chick fil a didnt say they hated homosexuals - they said they dont support them. HUGE difference... Its not a NOH8 things its a choice thing.. Go Chick Fil a..

aaron

Awesome! Boycott them!!! Do it!!! I can't wait for the boycott. Now I'll be able to get some chicken for lunch without a 30 minute wait!