Ed Helms

I Won't Eat at Chick-fil-A

... 'Cause It's Anti-Gay

7/18/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0717_ed_helms_anti_chik_fil_a_article
"Office" star Ed Helms is officially boycotting Chick-fil-A ... claiming the restaurant chain's anti-gay stance has caused him to lose his appetite.

Helms is responding to a statement issued by Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy ... who recently told a Christian publication that when it comes to accusations his company is actively opposed to gay marriage, Chick-fil-A is "guilty as charged."

Cathy claims his chicken people support the "biblical definition of the family unit." In fact, Chick-fil-A reportedly donated nearly $2 million towards religious groups that oppose gay marriage in 2010 alone.

The comments clearly didn't sit well with Helms ... who tweeted, "Chick-Fil-A doesn't like gay people? So lame. Hate to think what they do to the gay chickens! Lost a loyal fan."

Helms ain't alone ... the gay rights campaign NOH8 -- supported by stars like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians -- has also called for a Chick-fil-A boycott.

James

Well -- looks like I'll start eating there MORE often to make up for him not going there.

ibjujub

Hey Harvey, you'd better get some of your staff on here to counter the anti-gayness. LOL!

ibjujub

"Chick-Fil-A doesn't like gay people? So lame. Hate to think what they do to the gay chickens! Lost a loyal fan." Where have you been???They have been anti-gay since they first started, and now you are figuring this out?

Ed?

For every chicken they don't eat, I will eat 3.

Carol L

I won't either. If everyone isn't welcome then I don't want to be there.

Rob

Glad to know there is a place to go to get away from all the nuts that escaped from the closet.

Chuck

I love Chick Fil A..they make healthful food you idiots.

Big Gay Al

Oh the irony......progressive socialist commie douche bags want to teach us a lesson about the free market. I am looking forward to the open minded lesson in next weeks Gay 101 class.

LCS27

omg, stop these gay wars. it's so....gay

Bob

Good move Mr. Helms! Thank you for your support against bigots. It might not change the man's mind, but it might hurt his wallet and he deserves any loss he earns. He mentions the Bible, but doesn't make any references to support his beliefs. What a surprise. I am a Christian and am always very disappointed when others use religion as an escape clause for the things they are ignorant about.

GLaDOS

Damn, I haven't eaten there in years. Think I may go get some chicken from them later. Thanks for mentioning them, TMZ.

Piper

Seriously?! What's ridiculous is that this guy felt it necessary to make his decision public. I'm sorry but it's not like people being opposed to the gay lifestyle is anything new and it's not like Chick-fil-a is refusing to serve them. So the fact that this guy chose to make this a public announcement is just so self centered. He is only doing it because he feels the need to say I'm gay and I'm proud. And for all you gays out there, don't even bother jumping down my throat saying that I am anti-gay because my mother is gay and that is not what this is about. There are more important issues going on in the world that need news attention over your feelings getting hurt so stop using your fame to bring attention to a non important matter.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Like the Kardasholes would eat at Chick-Fil-A anyway.

chris

I have only eaten there once, but now that i know is isnt gay-friendly I will be eating there a lot more often. I hate f a g s!!

hummm

hummm another boy who does not eat chicks!!!