« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Coach Andy Reid

Son Found Dead

at Eagles Training Camp

8/5/2012 7:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0804_garrett_andy_reid_ap_gettyThe oldest son of Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid was found dead this morning in a dorm room at Lehigh University, this according to several reports.

The Lehigh University Chief of Police confirmed that Garrett Reid, 29, was found dead at Eagles training camp after a 911 call was placed at 7:20 AM ET. Reid was in camp assisting strength coaches.

Police said that at this point there is no evidence of foul play and the coroner’s office said that an investigation is ongoing.

Eagles GM Howie Roseman announced the news to the press this morning, saying of Reid, "He's been strong for us, we’re going to be strong for him right now."

Reid had a troubled past which included multiple drug-related arrests.

Story developing ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

parlayer

Football is on the way out! watch and see. hope it waesn't a steriod issue.

Drew

Most likely an OD or suicide..sad stuff.

hotbitch

Wow, that's sad.

Slash

Drugs...

BeanAdam

my classmate's mother makes $84/hr on the internet. She has been fired for 10 months but last month her check was $8514 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read about it on this site CashLazy.com

Annie

Very sad that Garrett couldn't pull his life together. This generation on young people need to see what a waste of life is happening.

Eaglesfan1

Funny how insensitive people are..a mother and father just lost their son and their kids just lost their brother...rip garrett prayers to your family

lyleswifey

Sad!! Prayers to the family!!

JW

As I recall, his younger brother is in jail for drug possession.
Garret also spent time in jail for drug related crimes.

Liza

Such sad, sad heartbreaking news...

As a Philadelphian and a hardcore Eagles fanatic for my entire life, my thoughts and prayers are with Coach Reid, his family, friends and the Eagles players.

Eagles fans are a strong stock and we will stand behind Coach and the team. We definately have strong opinions about Coach, but this is personal and football has no bearing on any of this.

God bless.

Shelby

No matter his issues, always tough to have to bury your child. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Reid family.

Bill Leslie

cocaine is a helluva drug - too bad the kid was never able to kick the dope but as an addict he was no good to nobody

LittleBIt

To Eaglesfan1 - I couldnt agree with you more. As a Philly girl, I am sick over Garretts death and incredibly sad for Andy and his family. Philadelphia is in mourning for Garrett and for Andys loss. May you be at peace in Gods loving arms Garrett. And Andy, we are all hurting for you - I pray God will help you and your family through this terrible time. We love you.

Dennis Johnson

I am very sorry to hear about this........................stay strong Andy......RIP Garrett.

I agree

I'll never forget how, at a 2003 pregame, Eagles fans taunted Bucs player Joe Jurevicius right after his newborn son died with comments like, "Where's your son?" Such a classy bunch.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments