Randy Travis

BUCK NAKED

During DWI Arrest

8/8/2012 7:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0808-randy-travis-dui

update_bar
7:54 AM PT -- Sources tell TMZ ... Travis was BUCK NAKED when cops arrived to the crash scene. It's unclear why Travis was not wearing clothes.

We're also told the country singer refused to take a breathalyzer, so a blood draw was taken to determine his blood alcohol level.

We've also learned ... before the DWI arrest, someone called cops to complain that a naked Travis walked into a convenient store and tried to buy cigarettes.

6:24 AM PT -- Law enforcement sources tell us ... Travis was charged with "retaliation" because he verbally threatened a cop during the bust.

0314_divider_graphic
Country singer Randy Travis was arrested last night in Texas on suspicion of DWI after crashing his car, TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Randy was arrested around 11:59PM with minor cuts and bruises. He was also booked on a "retaliation and obstruction" charge ... a felony.

Randy's car was the only vehicle involved in the crash.

Other details surrounding Randy's arrest are unclear. Randy is still in custody.

It's the singer's 2nd arrest this year -- back in February, Randy was busted for public intoxication for allegedly boozing in front of a Baptist church. According to the police report, Randy said he had just gotten into a fight with his girlfriend.

0808_randy_travis_february_mugshot_v2

johngault

Alcoholism is a hard thing for a family member to watch. The person is usually in denial and the loved ones are helpless to do anything. God bless randy and hope he gets serious help.

Arthur P. Kaske

Travis, what the hell is wrong with you, get your act together, apologize for your shortcomings, and enjoy the good life while you can. I lost my mate and my unborn son on Oct. 4th, 1974, to a drunk driver. At the time, she was 23 years old I was 24, and I thought that if this is all life has to offer I don't want any part of it, so I crawled into a whiskey bottle and swam around for a year, then it occurred to me where I was headed and I didn't want to go there so I crawled back out of the whiskey bottle. It's been a long hard road for me, but I still love life and what it has to offer. Don't become another statistic dude.

JMP

WHY DON'T THESE IDIOTS HIRE A ****ING DRIVER WHEN GETTING ****FACED!!!!!!!!!!!1

myopinion

That's sad I hope he gets the help he needs.

Shaun

He's a ex-convict. How does anyone expect him to act?

Nick

Looks like Randy is having more bad days than good days lately.

MikeP

I love the mugshot from the last dwi arrest.
Look the look on his fave, thats AWESOME!, That Needs to be made into a t-shirt!

Jillian

I knew he was a psyco under all that goody goody facade.

avlisk

Here in Phoenix, where we've had a lot of buck naked crimes this year, it's always due to bath salts.

sidithers

Yeah
Take that you rappers

Jerry Horn

I hope he gets serious help. He is a huge talent and contributed much to country music in his early career.

mflrshp

What's wrong with his head? Why is it so big?

Mikey

Driving around drunk and naked, is that wrong? Cause if it is I'm gonna have to make some changes.

Drypuppy

Randy, Randy,Randy....Way too much talent to waste

Donna S

Very sad to hear this about Randy I have liked his music since he first started singing! Get a grip Randy, get into Rehab,,,,,,,