« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chad Johnson

Apologizes

'I Love Evelyn to Death'

8/14/2012 2:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0814_chad_ochocinco
Chad Johnson has broken his silence ... and has issued an apology "To everyone for the recent events that have occurred" involving his wife Evelyn Lozada.

Moments after Evelyn filed for divorce, Johnson released a statement on his website regarding his recent domestic violence arrest ... saying, "I would like to wish Evelyn well and will never say anything bad about her because I truly love her to death."

He adds, "To all the fans and supporters I have disappointed, you have my sincerest apologies.  I will stay positive and get through this tough period in my life."

Even though Johnson was dropped from the Miami Dolphins, the 34-year-old wide receiver doesn't believe his football career is over ... saying, "I will continue to be positive and train hard for another opportunity in the NFL."

update_bar
And now this ... Chad just changed his Twitter picture to a sign that reads "Rock ... Hard place" with arrows pointing in opposite directions. Wonder what he's trying to say ...

0814_chad_twitter_picture

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Soamazing

Good for him. Now don't do anything stupid Chad. Sit tight and all will be alright.

tucker

Yeah, I'm sure it's the "death" part that concerns her.

DopeLikeCoke

He keeps changing his avatar on twitter and has unfollowed Evelyn. Or maybe she blocked him. She's a fame harlot and needs anger management. And he needs a job lol.

Sam Sunshine

You can't turn a hoe into a housewife.

loloagogo

TEAM CHAD!! Continue to take the high road. Her abusive recent past of beating up and abusing women is all on recording on film in the last two Seasons of BBW. I am just wondering why TMZ or Harvey are not showing those clips or looking into her background??!! If she wasn't portraying herself as the innocent one and you the bad guy she would probably get some slack. She abused and terriorized woman on many episodes. Domestic violence is a serious issue and she is the perp too. BIG TIME.

LRT

Good PR stunt Chad.....sounds like your more worried about you...and marketing yourself for another NFL gig!

Wow ...

Indeed, the death part is a tad scary. Each of them needs help. Her too...I haven't been a viewer of their shows, but based on comments, she has issues as well. They do not belong together. Finalize the divorce - do not go backwards people, either of you. A partner is suppose to bring out the best in you, not this...

myopinion

Chad that is the right thing to do apologize ...and most of all move on make better choices and redeem yourself.

DaveT

He has no choice but to publicly apologize, everything is being ripped away from him, his legs have been kicked out from under him.
So, in a typical situation to men, he has to jump through hoops to try and save his career and life.
Sad situation, even if he really did headbutt her, it's in no way shape or form justified to kill his career, destroy his jobs and sabotage his reputation.
But that's how it rolls in Feminist America...for now....though feminism is factually a dying movement and more women every year declare that they don't like feminism and don't want to be part of it.
Good times they're a-comin' round the bend ;)

loloagogo

and she thought you were stupid ;)

beachkid

You blew it...big times. Good bye and good luck. Don't let the door slam you on your butt on your way out.

I am Spartacus

NBA player, NFL player both off her checklist... next up the MLB. More material for her Basketball Ex-Wives show. Her whole career is built off of ruining athlete's careers.

Strawberrygirl

If Michael Vick can come back and get to play like nothing happened. Chad will be fine!

She's baaaack

I'm so sorry. I love you. I'll never do it again.

Bruno

When an abusive man says he loves a woman to death, believe him. Unfortunately, one day it just might be true.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments