« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chad Johnson

Apologizes

'I Love Evelyn to Death'

8/14/2012 2:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0814_chad_ochocinco
Chad Johnson has broken his silence ... and has issued an apology "To everyone for the recent events that have occurred" involving his wife Evelyn Lozada.

Moments after Evelyn filed for divorce, Johnson released a statement on his website regarding his recent domestic violence arrest ... saying, "I would like to wish Evelyn well and will never say anything bad about her because I truly love her to death."

He adds, "To all the fans and supporters I have disappointed, you have my sincerest apologies.  I will stay positive and get through this tough period in my life."

Even though Johnson was dropped from the Miami Dolphins, the 34-year-old wide receiver doesn't believe his football career is over ... saying, "I will continue to be positive and train hard for another opportunity in the NFL."

update_bar
And now this ... Chad just changed his Twitter picture to a sign that reads "Rock ... Hard place" with arrows pointing in opposite directions. Wonder what he's trying to say ...

0814_chad_twitter_picture

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

mike

States should make marriage a non profit organization , rather then a business venture. Couples would stay together that way.

JUstin

Okay , TMZ - Are we trying the Create another O.J here ..lmao -What ? You haven't made enough money from your sheeps...lol

nan

Kinda bad phrasing for a man with domestic violence issues to say he loves his wife " to death"...not good

upfront40

Let it go, Chad (Ochocino). When it is gone, it is gone. Salvage your career and not a relationship that's based on public approval. You did not have major issues prior to this...let it go. You are not a quitter but you recognize that you made a poor choice in women. She knew she was out before the incident but you gave your heart first. Let it go, man, to get another team to pick you up.

Will Hart

You have 2 love your self first.

kluck

She stated on the show what he could with other women and he TOLD HER HE WOULD TRY TO BE TRUE!!! on bbw she was awful..she sees now no matter how beautiful she was he still didnt want her !!! now shes goin to milk this spotlight for all she can

Mrs. Gossip

HA, man these two really deserve each other. I can't image them with anyone else. He still loves her? HA, man I can't stop laughing. She had him arrested , lost his source of income and he still loves her, LMFAO!

FYoFeelinz

He'll Be FINE! This is AMERICA...Where If You Beat A Bitches Ass.....FEMALES COME OUT IN THOUSANDS TO BACK AND PRAISE YOU! He'll Bounce Back With A Few Albums And A Few Grammys LOL...It'll Be Over Soon

Anonymous

If they post a picture of Evelyn with a taped up forehead... I am going to bust out laughing LMAO!! She walks around with such a bad attitude and doesnt have a good track record of being calm and collective.

I can't help but laugh everytime I picture her with a bandage around her big forehead.. All I can picture is her walking around talking crap still with a bad attitude.

She is so vindictive and its so obvious that she will try to get money from Chad. Especially since her brother died, she says shes going to take care of her sister, Well how the heck she gonna do that with no job.. oh yea thats right she can just take Chad to the cleaners!!

If the woman involved was calm, collective, reasonable and showed no aggression maybe just a sassy personality then I would feel bad.

But its hard to believe that she just sat there and that Chad was in a rage head butted her.

Im sure they were BOTH in a rage.

I just cant picture this scenerio after watching her throw bottles, jump on tables, swear like a sailor, instigate situations, bring people in to fight her battles, and even jump in on fights. She beats women herself and now she wants to be a spokesperson for domestic abuse?

Give me a break!

Jen

Team Chad all the way. I've seen Evelyn on TV & she's a vicious, nasty, disgusting person. And a gold digger for sure!

RomneyIsACurse

so over? What is this 8th grade? Are we all retards..... well we know the tmz staff is

trish

PLEASE...He seems so sorry, by changing his Twitter page to something funny. Everyone knows there is two sides to a story, but this has happened to him before. I just hope ALL NFL TEAMS put him on ignore, bad enough Vic got back in. Doesn't anyone have any morals anymore????

Verna

Chad, I am not a football fan, but I hope you are able to bounce back. If it is true what she accuse you of now is the time to get help and never do anything like that again. If it is not true shame on her, she was not the person for you. Choose better next time!

JUstin

This is Truly funny !! LOL - To Chad - You only know your friends Or "Wife", when things are bad for you , not when they are good - No football Contract , Everlyn Gone- OMG , I'm completely shocked..lmao - Don't worry , it will all make sense later..

Ali

I am sure you would love her to death if you had the chance! It is the death part she is afraid of! Any many that hits a woman is such a dirt bag. Why don't you get into boxing or UFC fighting and get your ass beat like a real man! You are such a ***** to head butt a woman...