« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MARRIAGE OVER

Evelyn Files for Divorce

8/14/2012 12:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0814_evelyn_lozada_tmz_chad_johnson
Chad Johnson
's wife of 6 weeks has filed for divorce ... TMZ has learned.

Evelyn Lozada filed legal docs moments ago in Florida, claiming her marriage is "irretrievably broken."

The trigger for the divorce was the domestic violence incident over the weekend, in which Chad Johnson was arrested after allegedly head-butting her during an argument.

Evelyn claimed she found a receipt for a box of condoms in his car.

According to the divorce docs, the couple had a prenup -- but that won't be a big deal since the marriage was shorter than Kim Kardashian's.

FYI -- Evelyn and Chad JUST got married on July 4th in St. Maarten ... and the whole ceremony was recorded for a VH1 reality show (VH1 has since pulled the plug on that ... for obvious reasons).

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

popo

a gold digger what you expect shes a proffesional at pissing a ***** off.she did everything in the book for him to knock her socks off and then she filled for divorce.....i really hope the only thing she will get is the headbutt she already receive

MH

She kills me acting like she found a good man LoL. They don't have any children together so there go's the monthly child support check. i wonder how she will pay the bills.

arale norimaki

The whole line that marriage existed before governments is utter bull****t. You know what marriage was then, it was a contract between a man and the woman's father.It used to be about owning a woman and joining families together for power and property.Why do you care if somebody wants to marry who they love?" Same sex marriage should be legal. The fact that it's illegal is embarrassing.

WOW...

Looks Like Jennifer, was right about him!

meme

It is really sad to see this happen. An athlete with Talent compared to a reality star who has none. In case anyone has forgotten but Evelyn bullied her way through all seasons of BBW.. I was angered even with this season such a woman who is now saddened for the situation act so inocent. People are going after him WHY?? Has anyone not seen the petition to stop the BBW latest season due to violence. There are 3 sides to a story HIS,HERS, and the Truth.. Sucks this had to happent to a talent. And the person whos trying to make it with no talent is WINNING. But not codoning any of this as a woman sometimes we act first in hostile situations and I mean we all have seen her temper. And now she's deciding to speak out about all of this. Why so soon??? PUBLICITY for her she is ruining someone's life here..

feelicks

chad found out she used to be a man....

feelicks

yea! he/she evelyn's(real name is edward) 15min are up..

Skittles

Everything about this was just wrong! I wish I could feel for her, but her previous actions on BBW's make me believe that maybe she head-butted him! She needed a way to spice up her show and hopefully continue on BBW...Backfired big time in her face and now he's jobless and she's filing for Divorce SMH....This is what you get when you marry and live your life for publicity.

Skittles

MissNita

I am wondering why this circus received so much attention in the first place. Evelyn acted like a wild fool on her show jumping over tables and fighting everyone and now she is divorcing this man. She should have listened to Jennifer on the show. I don't feel sorry for her, because I think Karma has cracked her upside her head. Let's see if she can act civilized now that she has gotten a taste of her own bitter medicine.

Nelyad

I actually feel sorry for Chad! I can't believe he was such an idiot to marry this chick! Everyone can see from her own behavior on BWives, that she is a crazy Biatch !!! I'm sorry, I'm a woman and I don't belive this tramp !!! After all the crap she's done on the show, she deserves for someone to really slap her around !!! Maybe we can pay a woman to do it for us !!!

Straight Talkin Texan

Odds are that he was abusive to her before they married, and yet, she still married him. Not smart. I really liked him on "Dancing with the Stars," and I hoped that there was something budding between him and his pro, Cheryl Burke. Now I'm SO glad that Cheryl is safe from him.

theRealMccoy12

RIP EV & OCHO It was fun while it lasted... #Knot!!

sjacks8266

He should of knocked her ass out she suppose to be all bad and tough she could of taking that head butt like a man lol....old gold drigger but trust me some other team will pick him up just remember a big butt and a smile wont get you no where.

jay

Too sad and very funny.. Kim Kardashian is happy her short marriage record is broken..