Will.i.am

My Publicist is LYING

About My Ugly Car!

8/15/2012 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0815_william_tmz_01
update_bar
8:20 AM PT -- Eight minutes after we published this story, we received the following email from Will's publicist:

"Hi --

When I asked [Will's] assistant yesterday morning she thought this had been resolved but was incorrect, hence I passed on incorrect information to you - apologies for this.

Will ask manager this morning about it.

Sallie"

At least she owned up to the mistake -- and we gotta respect that.

0314_divider_graphic
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark ... and according to Will.i.am ... it's because his publicist is a LIAR!!!

Will is still FUMING about his ultra-rare, super-expensive, incredibly-hideous custom car ... claiming his $700,000 ride is still missing ... despite what his publicist is telling the media.

We broke the story ... Will claimed his car was "stolen" after a party in Hollywood this week ... insisting he left it with the valet at Bardot nightclub but when he went to get it back, the car was nowhere to be found.

The next day, we reached out to Will's publicist, Sallie Olmsted, and asked about the car ... she wrote back insisting, "Everything is fine, he has his car."

0815_sallie_olmsted_email_subasset_011a
Hours later, Will went on Twitter and COMPLETELY REFUTED his publicist's claim ... saying "my car is still m.i.a."

Confused by the contradicting statements, we reached out to Will's rep ... who told us, "I wasn't on site at the time, but all is fine now."

0815_sallie_olmsted_email_subasset_02b
Again ... someone is lying ... because just a few hours ago, Will tweeted again and totally contradicted his publicist ... saying, "According [to] my GARAGE it hasn't been found."

Pants on fire, Sally ... pants on fire.

janet

Hope you have insurance.

scoopie

And his insurance is gonna pay for a nice, new ride.

Mike44090

He probably thinks his car is as ugly as everybody else does and is hoping somebody WILL steal it so he can collect the insurance and buy himself a decent looking car.

DopeLikeCoke

Sounds like Sallie has the car.

Kobe_No_Means_No

LOL @ his Delorean, which he claims he designed on his own.

MrHarrybawls2010

Has just changed his name to: Well.i.am.an.azz.

Celebrities Suck

I smell a PR stunt. Will.i.am sounds like he's looking for attention is he releasing a new album or a book?

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

$700,000 car and too cheap to install LOJACK and pay their monthly premium? Did anyone see that coming?

Phishie from Philly

Can you say Insurance Scam. I'm not a betting man but,
Phishie from Philly

Max Smart

Anyone who wastes so much money on a car (that can't be legally driven any faster than my old wreck) deserves to have it stolen.

Laura

I can't imagine paying $700,000 for such an ugly car. I wonder why he still hasn't reported it missing to the police? Just the press?

Jackie

So?...Can't he afford CAR alarm ?...Is the media gonna bring he's car since he's using the media. why don't you report to the police than whoring around?...IDIOT.

craig

The prototype creation uses pieces borrowed from donor Delorean and a Dodge Challenger and was built by the team at West Coast Customs.It is the most hideous design and cost 800k,he received so much crap about the ugly prototype I am sure he is behind it disapearing and she got in the way of his plan.

John

Wait a min... Your calling the publicist a liar which is slander for one... but your doing it

"Will.i.am My Publicist is LYING About My Ugly Car!
"
Where did he say his Publicist was a liar? So in other words he DIDN'T and you guys came up with that line which is slander..

If she was given wrong info then she was given wrong info.. thats not lying.. But what is lying is making up titles that are not true..

One more case that a Celeb or hell the Publicist should demand a retraction and a apology.

Susan62509

This lie isn't a big as the one TMZ published yesterday about Katherine Jackson wanting money from her son's estate to pay a pro rate mortgage on Janet Jackson's condo in Las Vegas. Notice the article no longer appears on TMZ's website because they removed it. Hummm, no apologies to your readers TMZ?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments