« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ryan Lochte

I'm TRADEMARKING

My Dumb Catchphrase ... JEAH!!!

8/17/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0816_ryan_lochte_grill_getty
Ryan Lochte
's annoying catchphrase "Jeah!" is a friggin' GOLD MINE -- at least that's what the swimmer believes ... because he just filed docs to lock up a trademark for the made-up word.

According to the trademark docs,  Ryan wants to use the word on sunglasses, workout DVDs, gift cards, mugs, drinking glasses, trading cards, calendars, posters, swimsuits, swim caps, sports hats, and water bottles.

In fact, Lochte's already getting the party started on his website -- selling "Jeah"-themed tees, hats, and sunglasses.

0816_ryan_lochte_jeahAccording to a 2009 interview, Ryan got the phrase from rapper Young Jeezy, who uses a similar word "Chea!" in his songs. Ryan says he changed it a little to "Jeah!" ... and says it means something "good." (skip to 1:00)

The trademark app is still pending.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jackie

He never made that catch phrase. I have heard it before i even knew who he was.

cobrazombie

Are there people dumb enough to buy / wear / use those stupid items?

MrHarrybawls2010

This ryan lotche is looking more and more like white trash every day. I'm hoping he has a short appearance on The Steve Wilkos show and then a slow descent into well deserved obscurity.

hugh

This guy is turning out to be quite the fame whore.

I luv u RPattz!

"Jeah" was so 1995.

nicole

Someone needs to tell him how to act! He is making such a fool outta himself!
The guy is really annoying, I'm boycotting his azz

LDB

He doesn't sound like a douche at all...

CasinoPImp

This guy makes Romney seem smart.

Tee

He needs a good PR rep stat!

Meme

Application....denied. Or
Lawsuit's pending.

He should stick to the self water boarding that he is good at.... or whatever it's called.

Or just water board me for reading this and feeling the need to post. ugh.

LDB

Please let his 15 min die out soon. He's a tool and needs to go away asap

soberandsmober

Whatever. Does he want to ****? Yes you say? Cool. I'm in.

Please, this boy is pure dumb sex. He bettah' werk it while he still has it.

Alls I know is that he is making this thirtysomething giggle like she's a twentysomething. (ladies, come one now, I don't care how dumb he is, you know you want to do tha toot.)

Sunset

He's taking a page out of the Krapdashian handbook and hawking ugly shiz nobody wants.

Sunset

Trademark Douche

MrHarrybawls2010

Some interesting trivia: Ryan Lochte wore a helmet to school and loved to chew on crayons during lunch.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments