« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vanessa Bryant

I'd Support Kobe ...

Even If He Was a Loser

8/17/2012 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0817_vanessa_kobe_bryant
Vanessa Bryant claims she's not a shallow gold-digging, championship-hoarding basketball wife ... insisting she would have married Kobe Bryant even if he NEVER won an NBA title.

Bryant is finally responding to critics who skewered her for the interview she did with New York Magazine in which she said, "I certainly would not want to be married to somebody that can't win championships."

Now, Vanessa tells TMZ ... "I'm sad to hear that comments in my New York  Magazine interview are being misconstrued and taken out of context. I have and will continue to support my husband’s dreams."

Vanessa continues, "I have been with Kobe for 13 years. I accepted his marriage proposal PRIOR to him winning any of his 5 championships with his teammates."

"For anyone to think otherwise is wrong. It is not about being married to a ‘winner’ it is about our sacrifice as a family. “

FYI -- Kobe and Vanessa got engaged in May 2000 ... and he won his first championship in June of 2000.

0612_KOBE_VANESSA_FOOTER

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

tucker

Well then, if that's the case, she's a loser.

Marty!

all i can say is, it is true that kobe's job requires sacrifice because he travels a lot, maybe she just delivered it in a negative way that is why people are bashing her.. including myself lol.. her comment made her sound like a gold digging spoiled a list wife..

hasina

We are currently encouraging people who want to have part time job thru online. You can earn as much as $72/per hour and recieve as much as $7213 per month without having hard time to do the job done.Please Read and visit this site for more informationshttp://bit.ly/HVtSrx

Vanessa

I don't care that her name is Vanessa like me I don't like her at all and I don't support her Golddigin ways
girl bye!!

Honeys Booboo

It's not the championship; it's the RING.
Whore.

Linda

Leave her alone. You guys twist and turn and slice and dice anything she says. I knew what she meant. She meant the work Kobe puts into his desire to win is important to her too even if it does take him away from his family so much of the time. Move along there is no story here...

Carl

I couldn't figure out why she wants to stay with a serial cheater. Seems clear now.

Jen

She certainly does support his dreams... of f*cking other women. Turns a blind eye for a piece of jewelry or a new car.

HereWeGoYo

Hang on. When were they married? 2001? And Kobe got his first ring when? 2000. Either way, it was clear by then Kobe was not only destined to be a start in the NBA but was also going to be paid out the @$$ so it's too late to pretend his status wasn't a factor. I think ultimately she's had a taste of being with someone who's on top (of his sport :D) and she's not about to "marry down" now. lol So this is her notice to the rest of the high-profile ballers out there, be it sports or entertainment, once she finally decides to divorce Kobe "Negro, don't bother sending anything less than an A-1 resume."

Dana

When being interviewed by a magazine you have to be careful about even joking around. All they need is for you to say it (even if your making a joke) and will use it in a way not intended. This seems to happen quite a bit. Celebrities shouldn't trust magazine interviewers, that's for sure.

Pookie

This lady is a POS and so is that rapist Kobe. These two turds deserve each other.

Vaessa hun, the fact that you have stayed married to this rapist and this cheater tells the world that you are in fact the world's biggest gold digger. Any woman with an ounce of dignity and self respect would kick his azz to the curb so fast his head would spin, ESPECIALLY if you have female children with him. You are modeling a horrible example for your daughters. You are telling your girls that it is ok to lie, to cheat and to rape as long as a man buys them something and pays their way through life.

I'd rather work at McDonald's that share a bed with a rapist or a cheater for that matter!!!!

Vanessa, you strut around with your expensive watch, your expensive clothes and your expensive house and cars. You think you have everything but you have NOTHING! You are a miserable, horrible human being. Not many people can boast that their maid has sued them for abuse. Not many people can brag that they have cussd out and F-bombed a L.A. Times reporter. Not many people have screamed and screeched at a Jimmy Choo salesclerk so bad that the empoyee reported your azz to the manager.

Your feeble attempts to "pretty" yourself up with plastic surgery have backfired and now you look even uglier than you did before. You outsides are starting to resemble your insides.

You suck lady.

Pookie

Vanessa you moron. I realize you are an uneducated dipshiat, but please don't butcher the English language. The correct usage is "Who can't win", no "That can win".

Stupid, dumb, uneducated morons living the good life just because one of them can run down a court and put a ball through a hoop.

BFD!!!!!

Lisa

Vanessa, who do you think you're fooling? You're crafty, vindictive, gold-digging S***. That is your legacy, your mark in the world. Get used to it. That is how you will ONLY and FOREVER be known.

chichifrogslegs

she seems like an awful person. just awful.

angie

i c what are the chances of him becoming a loser come on vanessa

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments