« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vanessa Bryant

I'd Support Kobe ...

Even If He Was a Loser

8/17/2012 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0817_vanessa_kobe_bryant
Vanessa Bryant claims she's not a shallow gold-digging, championship-hoarding basketball wife ... insisting she would have married Kobe Bryant even if he NEVER won an NBA title.

Bryant is finally responding to critics who skewered her for the interview she did with New York Magazine in which she said, "I certainly would not want to be married to somebody that can't win championships."

Now, Vanessa tells TMZ ... "I'm sad to hear that comments in my New York  Magazine interview are being misconstrued and taken out of context. I have and will continue to support my husband’s dreams."

Vanessa continues, "I have been with Kobe for 13 years. I accepted his marriage proposal PRIOR to him winning any of his 5 championships with his teammates."

"For anyone to think otherwise is wrong. It is not about being married to a ‘winner’ it is about our sacrifice as a family. “

FYI -- Kobe and Vanessa got engaged in May 2000 ... and he won his first championship in June of 2000.

0612_KOBE_VANESSA_FOOTER

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Sultry

Vanessa, Go get an education. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Every time you have spoken publicly you sound like an idiot. Like when Kobe got MVP... "finalllly". Disgusting. Money ain't everything... ALL the time. Take a class for class. And Braces aren't just for kids these days. Check it out.

backfire

LEAVE HER ALONE FOR CHRIST SAKE LET THEM ENJOY GOING TO THE LONDON OLYMPICS AND WINNING FOR THE USA. SHE LOVES HER MAN AND DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING BY IT. WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO NITPICK

Pookie

There is so much wrong here. She's even more is a narcissist than Kobe is (if that were even humanly possible).

She sees Kobe as an object. He's just there to do her bidding and provide her with the money and lifestyle she wants so badly. Her statement "If you are taking time away from ME and MY family" Errr... Not Ours Vanessa? I like how this useless biatch makes it all about HER. It's not about the guy who goes out and plays and makes her cush lifestyle possible. Remember hunnie. When Kobe picked you up you were wearing a sleezy bikini & crawling around inside a low rider car in a Snoop Dogg video. Without Kobe you and your loser mother would still be living in shiatty azz Garden Grove.

What a total biatch. Run Kobe Run ! No wonder Kobe's parents hate this lady!!!

MR. POP CULTRE

Kobe DROP HER

Roxanne

Can his wife just get the damn divorce already and get paid? I mean, really!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6