Rodney King

Autopsy Report Prompts

Family Health Scare

8/26/2012 2:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0824_rodney_king_tmz
Rodney King
's family believes R.K.'s autopsy report contains a key piece of information about Rodney's health that could save their own lives ... and it centers around his heart.

A member of the King family tells TMZ ... the coroner explained how Rodney suffered from an enlarged heart before his death ... a condition that has grave consequences if left untreated.

While Rodney's heart condition wasn't the main cause of his death (see: drowning, cocaine, PCP, alcohol) multiple members of his family view the discovery of King's cardiomegaly as a "wake up call" to get themselves checked out.

One family member who didn't want to be identified tells us, "I never knew he had heart trouble. I am worried that I could be at risk as well and I'm making a doctor's appointment next week."

The family member adds, "I am going to pass the message to the rest of the family that we need to get checked up so we don't die young."

Pamela

I'm glad the family got the heads up but why is this newsworthy? TMZ seems to be getting desperate to fill pages.

taz

If you don't want to die young then stay away from alcohol, PCP and pools.

tubby

Maybe the 6 kinds of drugs in his system should be the worry. Get off the crack. Drugs=death

Truth

TONS OF MEDICAL REASONS EXPLAIN ENLARGED HEARTS IE. LONG TERM UNTREATED HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE FOR EXAMPLE. BUT NO DOUBT, DRUGS ACCELERATED HIS HEART SIZE AND DEATH. #TRUTH!!

Woody725

Another dead junkie. So sad as another Mexican mule will starve to death.

Paul B

To the Family....Don't do drugs. It's as simple as that you pack of buffoons.

Paul B

To the Family....Don't do drugs. It's as simple as that you pack of buffoons.

rash on my ass