Amanda Bynes

Prosecutors Re-Open

OLD Hit-and-Run Case

8/27/2012 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0824_amanda_bynes_tmzAmanda Bynes is no longer in the clear for an alleged hit-and-run back in April -- TMZ has learned the L.A. City Attorney is taking a new look at that case because of Amanda's other hit-and-run earlier this month.

As TMZ first reported, Bynes allegedly rear-ended a BMW, and fled the scene while driving a rental on the 101 Freeway. The L.A. City Attorney's Office rejected the case because there was no independent witness to finger Amanda as the suspect.

Law enforcement sources tell us that all changed when Bynes was accused, yet again, of hit-and-run on August 4.

We're told prosecutors have decided to re-open the April incident -- which means Amanda could end up with 2 misdemeanor hit-and-runs ... with each carrying a max sentence of 6 months.

Don't forget, Bynes also has a DUI on her plate from a whole other incident. She pled not guilty to that one back in June.

Jordan

Don't worry Amanda It is California there could be 100 eye witness and still no conviction fight the charge california has a terrible record on getting a conviction on celebrities.

Soiled Midget Panties

Send her to me, I'll punish her good and hard.

sara

I HOPE THIS GIRL GETS LOCKED UP....AND MAYBE THEN SHE WILL LEARN HER LESSON

I LOVE MY NIPPLES

Amanda looks like she shops at Ross or WalMart...Come on really Amanda? You have $$$ does it all go up your nose? Get yourself some new clothes dumb B_Itch!

cass

She needs some jail time

bb

She's got to be the most boring trainwreck I can ever remember. Zzzzzzz. Can't usually be bothered writing comments to Amanda posts.

Jordan

This girl will never get any jail time especially in california where celebrities are protected.

skintag

This chick is like a Lindsay Lohan redoux

Blacknwild

SHE'LL GET AWAY WITH IT SHE'S WHITE. You almost hear about blacks doing this.Is always these cute lil pink b*tches. Lindsay Lohan does this type of thing and gets away with it to. Lindsay is also a big thief and always gets off. If youre white with money you can repeat the same offenses over 20 times and nothing will happen. T.I had to go to prison for a year because weed was in his car. See the difference between white and black celebs?

Blacknwild

This lily white b*tch will beat this case with no problems. She's the right skin tone. If she was black we all know she wouldve had to go to jail for a while.

Diamond Goddess!

O.M.G.!!! Kudos to TMZ and all of us for squawking about this story, as I feel it helped bring this about. And I disagree with other posters, I think Miss Bynes is going to experience the deleterious effects of coming AFTER Blow-han, Hilton, et al., and will get the BOOK thrown at her! She;s got TOO MANY incidents to ignore, and the fact that she continued this behavior is why they are going forward now. TMZ--I want blow-by-blow coverage of her cracked-out outfits as she walks into court, etc.! (Remember Blow-han's nips poppin' and the "F You" painted on her nails? Well, I think Bynes will go Mach 10 with the wardrobe.) Let's get this Pepsi-head OFF the streets before she KILLS some productive member of society! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

jared phillips

This crazy bitch needs to ride a bike.

Truth

California is the state where murderers go free, thieves are treated like Stars, drunk drivers rule the roads and Police beat the living daylights out of innocent civilians (skateboarder and investment banker). Spare us the BS!

Donna

I dont like this little sh*t at all! Shes on a bad road and cant drive to save her life. I see jail time in her future and NO acting career. Not too bright.

peoplearesilly

Does she not have any friends or family to step in and get her help before it's too late?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments