Kim Zolciak's Mother

Waging Legal War --

My Grandkids NEED ME!

8/31/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0831-kim-zolciak-tmz-courtIn true "Real Housewives of Atlanta" fashion ... Kim Zolciak's getting dragged to court by her own mother -- who's DEMANDING the right to see her four grandchildren, TMZ has learned.

Karen Zolciak filed a Petition For Visitation in GA Superior Court this week -- claiming she used to hang out with her two granddaughters all the time ... baking cookies, making sundaes and spending Christmas in the Bahamas.

Karen's petition also includes her two grandsons -- one of whom was born 2 weeks ago  ... and has yet to meet grandma.

Karen claims "Bravo TV needed drama for Kim's show 'Don't Be Tardy For the Wedding'" -- so they "portrayed her as a bad person" to strain the mother-daughter relationship.

Granny Z says it got so bad -- Kim and her new husband -- Kroy Biermann -- had the cops kick her out of their wedding because she used an indoor bathroom, instead of a porta-potty.

Now Karen is fighting back -- telling a GA court that NOT seeing her grandkids will cause "emotional or physical harm" to the kids ... claiming "the girls live such a crazy, abnormal life being on T.V ... they need a normal haven to relax."

A judge has yet to rule on the petition.

We reached out to Kim ... no word back yet.

Scotty

Grandparents have NO legal rights! If you got it wrong on the first round, you shouldn't have a shot at the second.

pentta

it's always sad to see an aging slut still attempting to still be relevant after all her eggs have gone.

TONYA

BEFORE ANYBODY TRIPS ABOUT "GRANDMA" USING A PORT-A-POTTY.. IT WAS A MEGA BATHROOM MANSION THAT WAS LIKE OVER $5000.00 TO RENT FOR THE NIGHT.. SO SHE DIDNT HAVE RANDOM PPL IN HER HOUSE. I FOR ONE CAN COMEPLETELY AGREE. IF SOMETHING WOULDVE COME UP MISSING IT WOULDVE PUT MANY MORE RELATIONSHIPS IN HARMS WAY THEN JUST KIM'S AND HER MOTHERS. IF YOU SAW THE EPISODE GMA GOT WASTED AND DEMANDED THE USE OF THE BATHROOM TO THE POINT OF BREAKING IN! TAKING THE FOCUS OFF THE WEDDING AND ONTO HESELF, ON HER DAUGHTERS WEDDING DAY.. THAT HEINOUS! BTW that was the ONLY episode I saw due to the ridiculous nature of the show. Saw the preview of the wedding and I am planning my wedding I was looking for "ideas".

Simone

As someone with a histrionic narcissistic entitled martyr mother whose visits with my nieces and nephew have had to be limited to a couple times a year, I am in full support of Kim on this one. Sorry Grandma - you can't behave, you don't get to see your grandkids and it's nobody's fault but your own.

Ace

I don't believe in grandparent rights.

lander

I can't wait to start seeing the first wave of sluts die off.

Just_Me

This is what happens to white trash families when they get money.

Phatrick

My mom is everything to me. I have friends that haven't spoken to their parents in years because of some sort of disagreements. I just don't get it. Btw, I hate both of those biatches

Alisha

Whatever. Blame it on TV for saying the things you did. Just shows she can't take responsibility for her own actions. The things she said while she believed she wasn't being recorded were insane and I wouldn't allow her around my children either. She's quite obviously not that great of a role model.

Jac

Kim's mother made herself look bad. I don't agree with how Kim spoke to her mother on the show, but it seems like they have a lot of private issues to work out. I don't agree with Kim keeping her kids from her mother, but there's probably more to this story. If I weren't getting along with my father, I'd still drop my kid off to see her grandfather.

Demi

Her mother seems to be in need of professional help, for all we can see of her.

small asian penis

I should have my mom sue me so I can feel relevant too.

Phreaky

Her mother is an anorexic alcoholic.

cokeandpilates

I am sure there is more to the story, but Kim's mom sure looks and acts like an alcoholic. Maybe it's how she acts around the kids that is the reason she's being kept away. I will freely admit I have several family members that I am thrilled not to have around my almost 3 year old because of how they act.

MsSuburbia

That grandmother is absolutely psychotic, and showed it on Kim's wedding special. Her histrionics and attention-seeking were crazazay. Hats off to Kim and Kroy for protecting their children! And BTW, grandparents don't have separate visitation rights unless their child is deceased.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments